Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• Men Making a Difference Inc. is holding a basketball tournament today at 8 p.m. at the Henry H. Brigham Community Center. Teenagers and adults can enter the double-elimination tournament. The cost is $75 per individual. For information, contact Robert Jenkins at (706) 829-2140. •The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be June 11-15 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.-noon on Friday. The cost is $160 and is open to all boys and girls from grades 1-11. For more information, call Metress at (706) 667-4765, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Mike Brandt Basketball Camps will be held June 25-28 at the USC Aiken Convocation Center. The boys and girls day camp runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. all four days, and is $165 per camper. Team tournaments will also be held June 9 and 29, and team camps will be held June 15-16. Tournaments are limited to the first 16 teams registered and deposit received. The tournaments are $100 per team, and team camps are $160 per team. For more information, contact Brandt at (803) 641-3491 or email@example.com . Additional information is at pacersports.com.
• The Southeastern Firefighters Burn Foundation will hold its ninth annual Best Dam Bicycle Ride today at 8:30 a.m. at Thurmond Lake at Clarks Hill Dam. It is open to cyclists of all ages and abilities and consists of 25-, 58-, 80- and 100-mile options. There will be a mountain bike course on the historic Bartram Trail. To register, visit Chain Reaction Bicycles in Martinez, or go to www.active.com. The cost is $35 per rider and children under 12 ride free if accompanied by an adult.
• The Greater Augusta Bulldog Club spring meeting with coach Mark Richt is Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at the Julian Smith Casino. The cost is $25 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at all Tudor’s Cleaners, Queensborough National Banks, Somewhere in Augusta Sports Bar and Grill, and Surrey Center Pharmacy.
• Heritage Academy will hold a tournament at Belle Meade Country Club on Monday. Registration, lunch and putting contest begin at 11:45 a.m. The shotgun start is 1 p.m. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team. All proceeds support student scholarships. Register online at heritageacademyaugusta.org/golftournament or call (706) 821-0034.
• The Brothers of the Dove and The First Tee of Augusta are holding the CSRA Golf Challenge on May 19 at Goshen Plantation Golf Club. The tournament will have a male and female division and will be played in four-player, best-ball format. Each of the male and female teams will be assigned a current member of The First Tee of Augusta. Portions of the proceeds will benefit The First Tee and the Cross Creek High football program. For information, call (706) 414-7390.
• The Columbia County Choral Society Golf Tournament will be held June 11 at Jones Creek Golf Club. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and a shotgun start is set for 9 a.m. as a four-man scramble. The entry fee is $75. For more information, contact Paul Schantz at (706) 650-1114, (706) 910-9231 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Nancy Starnes at (706) 829-8969, or e-mail at email@example.com.
• The GA-SC Bulls are now taking reservations for the Junior Academy Program, which provides soccer-specific training for boys and girls from 6-12 years old. Training will run through June 16. All practices are held on Wednesdays with games played Saturday mornings. For information or to register, visit ga-scbulls.com or call (706) 399-4080.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp on June 4-8 from 9 a.m.-noon at the Westside High School gym. The camp is open to boys and girls in first through eighth grades. The cost is $45 and includes a shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.