• The Pete Meadows Baseball Program and Putt-Putt Golf & Games is offering a series of free baseball hitting lessons through March for all youth and high school baseball and softball players. Visit petemeadows.com or call (706) 691-3990.
• Gridiron Alumni travels the nation pitting old football rivals against each other, and it is planning several full contact alumni football games. The first 40 players on each team get to play, and the team that gets to 30 players first achieves home field advantage. Games are scheduled for March and April. For more information or to register, visit gridironalumni.com or call Chris Hall at (530) 410-6396.
• Fox Creek High School will play host to a golf tournament March 18 at 2 p.m. at Mount Vintage. The cost is $80 per player or $300 for a team. Businesses can sponsor a hole for $125. All proceeds benefit the Fox Creek athletic department. For information, call Russell Schneider at (706) 951-3325.
• The First Tee of Aiken will hold spring session classes from March 19 to May 19. Registration begins Tuesday at 10:01 a.m. at thefirstteeaiken.org, and classes are open for registration until they are full. The cost is $25 for an annual membership and $50 for seasonal registration. Golfers must be between the ages of 8-18.
• The Health Service Auxiliary, a non-profit group, will play host to the 16th annual Fisher House Golf Tournament on March 23 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course on Fort Gordon. The proceeds benefit the local Fort Gordon Fisher House. Register by March 16. Cost is $75 per player, $300 per team. Cost includes the round of golf and free nine-hole round of golf for future play at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. There will be a silent auction and prizes available. Registration and lunch begin at 10:30 am., with a shotgun start at noon. For more information or to register, go to www.tournevents.com/FHGT2012 or call (706) 787-7100.
• The Triple Crown Golf Classic benefiting two United Way agencies will be held March 26 at Woodside Plantation Country Club in Aiken. The cost is $100 per individual. The tournament is a foursome gross and net scramble. All proceeds benefit the two charities. For information, call (803) 648-3456 or (803) 642-8812.
• The Southeastern Firefighters Burn Foundation will hold the Best Dam Bicycle Ride on April 15 at 8:30 a.m. beginning at J. Strom Thurmond at Clarks Hill Dam. Registration begins at 7:15. The event is for cyclists of all ages and abilities. To register, visit Chain Reaction Bicycles in Martinez, or go to active.com and search 9th Annual Best Dam Ride 2012. The cost is $35 per rider, and children under 12 can ride free. All proceeds benefit the Burn Foundation.
• The third annual Military Intelligence Corps Association 10K Trail Run and 5K Walk will be held Saturday at Fort Gordon. Race-day registration starts at 7 a.m. and the race begins at 8. For details, visit www.mica10krun.com.
• Run With The Bulls 5K will be held Saturday at Blanchard Woods Park. The race will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, the Children’s Medical Center and the Bulls Scholarship Fund. Register online at strictlyrunning.com or at active.com. Entry fee is $30. For more information, call (706) 312-7415.
• Greenbrier High School will play host to The Jessica Mendoza Experience: A Softball and Life Skills Clinic from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. March 17. Mendoza, a two-time Olympic softball medalist, will teach fundamentals as well as strength and agility training and nutrition. The cost is $85 per participant. Space is limited. For information, e-mail Will Mackelburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (912) 506-8448.
• CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold a series of skills clinics Sunday afternoons until March 18 at the Augusta Prep gyms for girls in fourth to 11th grades. Cost is $225. For information, go to www.csraheat.com.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp held June 4-8 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Westside High School gym. The camp is open to boys and girls in grades one through eight. The cost is $45 and includes a camp shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or additional more information, call (706) 399-3154 or e-mail email@example.com.