• The Augusta Diving Club is training any high school students who wish to dive for their high school team. No experience is necessary. The season runs until February for those who qualify for state. All practices are held at the Augusta Aquatics Center. Contact Jim Tingen at (706) 726-6805 or email@example.com.
• A 10-week fencing introduction course for ages 9-12 meets for one hour on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. All competitive gear is provided. The course emphasis is on fun and exercise, as well as learning how to fence. For registration or additional information, call (706) 722-8878.
• Registration is now open for a 10-week fencing introduction class at the Augusta Fencers Club. The class is designed for adults, but mature students as young as 14 can apply. The class meets on Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the club’s facilities. Cost for the course is $150, and all competitive equipment is provided. Call (706) 722-8878 to register or for additional information.
• The CSRA Cobras are holding tryouts for the 2012 season Jan. 14 and Jan. 21 at 10 a.m. Tryouts will be held at Willie Whaley Park in Burnettown. The tryout fee is $55 with shorts and shirts provided. Athletes are required to bring cleats. The age requirement is 18 and up. For more information, call (803) 634-2731 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association is taking applications for its Christmas tour. Tournaments are scheduled at Houndslake Country Club on Monday, Applewood Golf Club on Tuesday and Bartram Trail Golf Club on Thursday. Entry fees are $25 to play in one event, $45 to play in two events and $65 for three events. Registration is limited to the first 100 to sign up for each event. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 646-5733.
• The 2012 Winter Blast 6v6 Soccer Tournament will be held Jan. 28-29 at Lions Memorial Field in North Augusta. Cost is $150 per team. For more details, visit csrasoccer.blogspot.com, or call (706) 312-7415.
• Georgia Frenzy fast pitch softball is looking for girls to round out a 16-under team. For a tryout, contact Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525.
• MACH Academy is looking for volunteers. The academy, which operates out of Fleming Tennis Center in south Augusta, provides year-round programs and services, including academic and tutoring support, computer literacy, nutrition, and fitness and tennis instruction. Call (706) 796-5046 or e-mail email@example.com.
• CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold a series of skills clinics Sunday afternoons from Jan. 8 until March 18 at the Augusta Prep gyms for girls in fourth to 11th grades. Cost is $225. For information, go to www.csraheat.com.