• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department will hold registration for adult basketball through Wednesday. For more information, call Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980.
• The Augusta Boxing Club holds monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month (except holidays), and invites the public to attend. Admission is free. The matches begin at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-7533.
• The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association is taking applications for its Christmas tour. Tournaments are scheduled at Jones Creek Golf Club on Dec. 19, Midland Valley Country Club on Dec. 20, Forest Hills Golf Club on Dec. 22, Houndslake Country Club on Dec. 26, Applewood Golf Club on Dec. 27 and Bartram Trail Golf Club on Dec. 29. Entry fees are $25 to play in one event, $45 to play in two events, $65 for three events, $85 for four events, $99 for five events and $115 to play in all six events. Registration is limited to the first 100 to sign up for each event. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 646-5733.
• The December Dash 10K will be held Dec. 10 at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park at 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy environmental research, education and outreach programs. Registration is available at active.com. To register or for more information, call the Academy office at (706) 828-2109 or visit naturalsciencesacademy.org.
• Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is coming to the Kroc Center. Leagues will be available for boys and girls ranging in age from kindergarten to sixth grade. Games will take place on Saturdays and practices will take place once a week either on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Registration deadline is Saturday and practices begin Jan. 9. The cost to register is $70 before Saturday and $80 on Saturday. Cheerleading mock turtlenecks are included in the registration fee. Registration forms are available at the Kroc Center Welcome Desk. For more information, contact Anthony Esposito at (706) 922-8338 (desk), (706) 421-3047 (cell), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Wednesday from 6:30- 8:30 p.m. at Larry Bray Memorial Pitch. New players are welcome. For information, call Allen Raborn at (706) 7884 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The GA-SC Bulls are now taking reservations for the Jr. Academy Program. The program will provide a more involved, soccer-specific training environment for boys and girls ages 6-12. Training runs through Saturday. For more information or to register online go to ga-scbulls.com or call (706) 399-4080.
• Georgia Frenzy fast pitch softball is looking for a few girls to round out a 16-under team. For a private tryout, contact Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525.