Dolphins' Incognito agrees to remain on suspended list

  • Follow NFL

The Miami Dolphins and Richie Incognito came to an agreement that will keep the team’s former starting offensive guard on the team’s suspended list for the rest of the season.

Incognito  David Richard
David Richard
Incognito

According to a league source, the Dolphins will continue to pay Incognito, who is at the center of the NFL’s bullying scandal that led to Jonathan Martin’s claims that the Dolphins fostered a hostile working environment.

Incognito was initially suspended four games without pay, but agreed to extend his suspension two extra games with pay while waiting on Ted Wells to conclude his independent investigation in Martin’s claims.

However, Wells’ report on the culture in the Dolphins locker room won’t be concluded until after the season. Because the Dolphins organization prefers to avoid the distraction Incognito’s return would create during the team’s playoff push they have decided to pay him to stay away for the final two games.

REDSKINS: Mike Shanahan said he has no plans to resign, then reminded everyone that he might not be back as coach.

He cryptically offered a picture of the possible changes that might be in store if he does return. He dropped Gary Kubiak’s name twice, stoking questions that there might be a new offensive coordinator. He also said that Robert Griffin III is “clearly” the starting quarterback but would welcome “legitimate competition” from Kirk Cousins.

PANTHERS: The toe injury sustained by quarterback Cam Newton against the Jets on Sunday was “not that big a deal,” coach Ron Rivera said Monday.

Newton injured his toe at the end of a 7-yard scramble on the Panthers’ final offensive play of the first half.

Newton did not undergo X-rays on the toe, and Rivera said it is not being characterized as “turf toe.”

49ERS: Fullback Bruce Miller is expected to miss the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs with a left shoulder blade injury sustained during Sunday’s win at Tampa Bay.

COURTS: A Jan. 23 sentencing date has been set for a Florida man convicted of murder in the 2007 shooting death of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor during a botched burglary at the player’s home.

A Miami jury last month convicted 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. of second-degree murder and armed burglary. Rivera faces a maximum life prison sentence but could get less.

loading...
Top headlines

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs

Columbia County is set to invest an additional $600,000 in its aging stormwater system next year, with the hope that more money and manpower will result in half as many repair orders and fewer ...
Search Augusta jobs