Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Former Greenbrier High School baseball star arrested

Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 11:34 AM
Last updated 7:58 PM

Former Greenbrier High School baseball star Will Price was among Four Spartanburg Methodist College student athletes charged Friday in connection with a Feb. 7 burglary of a Spartanburg, S.C., residence, according to a report Saturday in the Spartanburg Herald-Journal.

Will Price  MICHAEL HOLAHAN
MICHAEL HOLAHAN
Will Price

The Spartanburg Public Safety Department charged Price, 18, of Evans, with second-degree burglary and grand larceny, along with two other freshman members of the Spartanburg Methodist College baseball team: Michael Landrie, 19, of Spartanburg, and Jeremy Buckner, 18, of Sumter, S.C., along with soccer player Phillip Nelson, 19, of Columbia, S.C., according to the report.

Landrie, Price and Buckner were being held at the Spartanburg County Detention Center pending a bond hearing, according to the report. Nelson had not yet been arrested.

The students are accused of kicking in a door to a Spartanburg home around midday Feb. 7, then taking more than $115,000 worth of jewelry and electronics, according to the report. Police said about 75 percent of the stolen property has been recovered, and the investigation is continuing.

Price, a star baseball player for Greenbrier High, was named the 2011 All-County Baseball Player of the Year by The Columbia County News-Times.

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 02/25/12 - 11:52 am
really, really sad

really, really sad

Sweet son
Sweet son 02/25/12 - 01:46 pm
really, really dumb

really, really dumb

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 02/25/12 - 02:16 pm
I wonder if he had a free

I wonder if he had a free ride.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/25/12 - 02:27 pm
Man, this is strange.

Man, this is strange. Greenbrier has had their share of bad luck with graduates. I don't mean to disparage Greenbrier in any way, but talk about bad luck with grads. Disheartening.

blacklion1001
blacklion1001 02/25/12 - 03:42 pm
Wow, this is sad. One more

Wow, this is sad. One more kid from GHS gets in trouble and I'm signing that petition to move them to Richmond County.

double_standard
double_standard 02/25/12 - 05:11 pm
Thug

Thug

my.voice
my.voice 02/25/12 - 08:16 pm
That's a LOT of monetary

That's a LOT of monetary value. He's not going to skate on this one. We are losing our young people to stupidity.

writer
writer 02/25/12 - 10:12 pm
Riverman, I knew those GHS

Riverman, I knew those GHS baseball teams pretty well during that time period and I have searched my brain for whom you are talking about. I'm not saying you are wrong about someone having trouble, but some of your facts are off with the details you present.

Cynical old woman
Cynical old woman 02/25/12 - 10:13 pm
He sure wasn't bragging about

He sure wasn't bragging about his actions on Facebook. And he isn't calling his actions a "joke".

JRC2024
JRC2024 02/25/12 - 11:06 pm
caramelp, I call them thugs

caramelp, I call them thugs when they pull out guns and start shooting. I call them burgulars when they break into a locked building, thieves when they steal something. From the article I think he is away from home so the parents cannot control him. I am sure they are very sad about the situation. He is an adult and should be charged as such. No pity from me if he is guilty but I do think it is sad.

BamaMan
BamaMan 02/26/12 - 07:15 am
Not petty theft-kiss that

Not petty theft-kiss that career goodbye!

iLove
iLove 02/26/12 - 09:01 am
When the perp is of another,

When the perp is of another, the comments get REALLY ugly...where was the outcry then???

Typical thug. Lock him up forever. Does he already have a record as with the other thugs in this area? ...

diamondmom
diamondmom 02/26/12 - 09:10 am
ICL, you're right. Sounds

ICL, you're right. Sounds like a jealous wanna be who may have been upstaged by Price who may be a much better player... this isn't the place for those nasty comments. We don't know all the circumstances surrounding this case and I don't think anyone has the right to judge this kid...I know him and his family and can tell you his parents are good decent people who raised their kids right... Sounds like Price got involved with people he had no business being with....Really saddens me because Will had a bright future ahead of him....

gagirl40
gagirl40 02/26/12 - 11:04 am
I also know this kid and his

I also know this kid and his parents and they absolutely raised him right. He is away from home and has taken up with the wrong people just as another poster said. And AGTLC, you are dead wrong and obviously don't know this family or this kid as well as you think..or at all. I pray this family can get Will back on track and that they can get some peace when all of this is over. I only hope they know there are those of us out here who support them. Yes he did wrong, and yes he should be punished, I just hope that punishment doesn't destroy this young mans life and future.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 02/26/12 - 11:05 am
What's the name of that

What's the name of that institution he goes to? Oh yea, Spartanburg METHODIST College. Oh man, the hypocrisy is killing me. Maybe he left his Bible at home when he matriculated to SMC. As Charles Barkley would say: "That's turrrrrr-a-bull!" Mommy and Daddy should be gleaming with joy right about now. As I've stated before: "I've never seen a problem that can't be fixed with a nice, stout 2 x 4." What's up with Columbia County and it's clean-cut publicity-driven image? We've got this chump and we've got those Charlies Rape Gang (is that the correct name?) clowns at Lakeside Middle. Look's like Columbia County isn't all it's cracked up to be.........or at least heavily promoted to be!

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 02/26/12 - 11:23 am
River I think the problem was

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 11:39 am
I Wannahkno said, "River I

I Wannahkno said, "River I think the problem was you gave the initials of someone instead of posting a link to a actual article. You can't just throw a name or initials out there it could cause a innocent person with the same initials at the same school to be thought the offender. Find the articles and be specific instead of just taking a stab at it."

I know you are trying to be helpful here and I appreciate that. The problem I have is I gave a vague reference to a player from a decade ago. He was in college when he got in trouble, an adult. The incident appeared in print. I didn't say what the trouble was, and actually, it was not that bad. Something many young people go through.

Now, when Writer quizzed me about it, I gave the initials. This is a decade ago realize. I really wish the guy well and hope he is doing fine in life. Goodness, he is about 30 now. The bigger question is why they left up the pure garbage post by the other guy until after 11 this morning???

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 02/26/12 - 11:42 am
I think there are more than

I think there are more than one moderator. I have had posts pulled that were called racist yet posts way worse than mine were allowed to stand. One time someone posted in some kind of street language and I posted that they lose a lot of credibility when people can't read what you write and I got a nasty email from Sean telling me I can't tell people what to type. Sometimes posts get pulled with no explanation at all. I have written Sean several times and complained that they don't follow a standard here on removing posts but evidently it falls on deaf ears.

caramelp
caramelp 02/26/12 - 01:27 pm
Funny how some post get

Funny how some post get deleted when the thugs are from a certain area. If he were from Cherry Tree Crossing., the post would be relentless; and allowed!

kbrkelley5
kbrkelley5 02/27/12 - 06:20 pm
Praying for the family

Praying for the family

juantez
juantez 02/28/12 - 12:50 am
Here we go again with the

Here we go again with the same ole same, he's from a good family OK, but the fact is he's is just a THUG. He's kicking in doors and then taking more than $115,000 worth of jewelry and electronics, I don't kow about about you but sound like a thug to me. Don't let the color fool you.
But I love this one here:::"I just hope that punishment doesn't destroy this young mans life and future"
What a joke