Oregon. The Big Quack Attack climbed two spots to fourth in the nation after pounding then-No. 3 Stanford. If the Ducks can defeat No. 18 Southern Cal on Saturday, they might find themselves in the national title game again.
Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. In an interview with Bob Costas on Monday, Sandusky denied being a pedophile. When asked if he was sexually attracted to young boys, Sandusky replied, “Am I sexually attracted to underage boys?” He then paused and said no. Disturbing that he answered a question with a question. This interview will do nothing to sway public opinion.
Why do high schools and colleges still have group showers? Why not private showers for everyone?
Former Augusta Chronicle writers Travis Haney and Larry Williams have collaborated for a book about the Clemson-South Carolina rivalry titled State of Disunion. The bookwill hit shelves later this month.
Also, Adam Van Brimmer of the Savannah Morning News has penned 100 Things Yellow Jackets Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die.
RANKING THE BIG FOUR
1. Clemson (9-1, 6-1 Atlantic Coast Conference). The Tigers clinched the Atlantic Division title.
2. Georgia (8-2, 6-1 Southeastern Conference). What’s that coming down the track? A mean machine in red and black.
3. South Carolina (8-2, 6-2 SEC). CBS is projecting the Gamecocks to appear in the Cotton Bowl, which is nice.
4. Georgia Tech (7-3, 4-3 ACC). The wheels have come off. The Yellow Jackets still have The Varsity next door to campus, though, which is nice.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
• The Citadel at South Carolina, noon (pay-per-view)
• Georgia Tech at Duke, noon (Fox-Ch. 54)
• Kentucky at Georgia, 12:21 p.m. (CBS-Ch. 12)
• Georgia Southern at Alabama, 2 p.m. (ESPN Game Plan)
• S.C. State at Savannah State, 2 p.m. (No TV)
• Clemson at N.C. State, 3:30 p.m. (ABC-Ch. 6)
THIS WEEK'S STORYLINES
Clemson: Tigers must avoid looking ahead to South Carolina.
Georgia: Last time the Bulldogs played host to Kentucky, the Wildcats left Sanford Stadium with a wild comeback victory.
Georgia Tech: Yellow Jackets better be careful. Blue Devils better than their 3-7 record indicates.
South Carolina: Who cares about The Citadel? All eyes will be on the game in Athens, Ga.