They also say Cobb County residents should get the chance to vote on the plan.
The team last week surprised fans by announcing that it would move to a new stadium being planned in the suburban county northwest of Atlanta. The deal calls for the Braves to fund 55 percent of the cost, with public funds being used to cover the remaining 45 percent.
William Perry, executive director of Common Cause Georgia, tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that voters deserve a referendum.
Cobb County Commission Chairman Tim Lee tells The Marietta Daily Journal that he doesn’t plan to postpone the commission’s Tuesday vote.