Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The 16th annual Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Christenberry Fieldhouse. Cost is $160. For details, contact Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Curtis Baptist School will hold a basketball skills camp for rising fourth through eighth graders June 23-27. The camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon and is for boys and girls. Camp cost is $75. Register online at www.curtisbaptistchristianschool.org. For more information, contact John Spurlock at (706) 421-7078.
● An 8-and-under travel baseball team is forming and seeking players for the fall season. Players must have been born after May 1, 2006 For more information, contact Jim McDonald at (704) 431-5835.
● The second Peak Amateur Series event is the North Augusta Exchange Club/Persimmon Hill Classic, June 14-15. Call (803) 275-3522 to enter.
● Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Dekoda Watson will hold the first annual Koda’s Kids Foundation Golf Tournament June 30 with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. The event will be held at the Pine Ridge Club with a captain’s choice format. The tournament is $60 per person or $225 per team. For more information, contact Angela Watson at (803) 292-3830.
● Newman Tennis Center will hold a Tennis and Swim Summer Camp from Monday-Aug. 1. For more information, call Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.
● Ray Guy will be the guest speaker for the Augusta Sports Council’s Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports Awards banquet on Thursday at Augusta Country Club. Check-in and a social hour is set for 6 p.m., with dinner and program beginning at 7. Tickets are $45 for sports council members and $50 for nonmembers.
● The Edgefield chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation will hold a Luau on June 19 at the NWTF Headquarters Pavilion at 6 p.m. For more information, call (803) 637-3106.
● The Augusta Alumni Chapter of the South Carolina State Bulldogs will play host to Bulldogs Nite Out in The CSRA on June 26 at Julian Smith Casino. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and is $10 for adults, $5 for students. Contact Rod Pearson at (706) 627-3163 or James Quarles at (706) 831-7010 for more information.