Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The Sure-Shot Basketball Camp for second through seventh grades is Monday-Thursday at Lakeside Middle School from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $85. Contact Tom Weidenaar at (706) 631-6634 or Dave Pitock at (706) 627-0425.
● The 16th annual Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 9-13 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Christenberry Fieldhouse. Cost is $160. For details, contact Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The second Peak Amateur Series event is the North Augusta Exchange Club/Persimmon Hill Classic, June 14-15. Call Persimmon Hill at (803) 275-3522 to enter.
● The Georgia Regents golf programs will play host to the Jaguar Golf Camp from Monday-Thursday at the J. Fleming Norvell Golf House. The camp is for boys and girls ages 6-18. Cost is $200 for children 6-10 and $450 for ages 11-18. For more information, contact Jack O’Keefe at (706) 373-8403 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
● The Augusta Rowing Club will celebrate the 13th anniversary of National Learn to Row Day on Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the boat house on the Savannah River. For more information, visit www.augustarowingclub.org or contact Kay Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Augusta Fencing Club will hold Introduction to Foil Fencing classes starting June 9. For more information, call (706) 722-8878.
● Ray Guy, who will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August, will be the guest speaker for the Augusta Sports Council’s 23rd annual Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports Awards on June 12 at Augusta Country Club. Check-in and a social hour is set for 6 p.m., with dinner
and program beginning at 7. Tickets are $45 for ASC members and $50 for nonmembers.
● The Newman Tennis Center will host a Tennis and Sim Summer Camp from Monday-Aug. 1. For more information, call the Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.
● The 4th annual Westside Wrestling Camp will be Monday-Friday at Westside High School. The camp is open to boys and girls from grades 1-9. There is no cost. For registration and additional information, Call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or via email at email@example.com.
● Registration for USTA Junior Team Tennis is now open in Augusta until July 5. The program introduces children of all skill levels, ages 5-18, to tennis as a team sport. For more information or to register, contact Helen Campbell at (803) 645-3206 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Augusta Prep’s summer volleyball camps are from June 16-19 and July 14-17. There are two sessions per camp, middle school is from 9 a.m.-noon (grades 5-8), and high school from 1-4 p.m. (grades 9-12). Cost is $130. Contact Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or at email@example.com or go to www.augustaprep.org/CampCavalier.