Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The 11-and-under Georgia Lightning baseball team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players can not turn 12 before May 1, 2014. For more information, contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
● The 10-and-under Major travel baseball team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must have been born between May 1, 2003 and April 30, 2004. For more information, contact Daniel Dykstra at (678) 358-8545.
● A free basketball skills clinic is being conducted by former Duke University star and NBA player Will Avery every Saturday from 8-9:30 a.m. The camp is open to all children of middle or high school ages. For more information, go to www.augustabasketball.com or contact Will Avery at (706) 294-0767 or Chad Cook at (706) 550-2229.
● The 19th annual E-Z-GO Golf Classic will be held Monday at the Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation in Aiken. Registration for a four-person team is $800. To register a team, sponsor a hole or make a donation, contact Tricia Cooper at (706) 796-4566 or visit ezgo.com/golfclassic2013.
● The 21st annual Willard Prior Golf Tournament will be held on Thursday at the Forest Hills Golf Club. Registration is $500 per four-man team and $125 for individual players. All proceeds benefit charities of the Augusta Lions Club. For more information, call (706) 737-6482 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Master City Golf Association will hold its 30th annual classic golf tournament Oct. 19-20 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The format is individual 36-hole play. Entry fee is $145. Legends will play Saturday only for $75. For more information, contact Johnny Wilson at (706) 793-8875 or (706) 414-2774.
● The first annual Jefferson Energy Charity Golf Classic will be held Oct. 21 with an 11 a.m. shotgun start. The event will be at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The fee for a single player is $100 and four-man teams are $400. For more information, contact Steve Chalker at (706) 547-2167 or via e-mail at SChalker@jec.coop.
● The Augusta Sports Council will play host to the fourth annual Golfing FORE G.A.M.E.S on Oct. 24 at Forest Hills Golf Club. Registration and lunch will be at 11:30 a.m., with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. For more information, go to augustasportscouncil.org or call (706) 722-8326 ext. 235.
● CSRA Force fast-pitch travel softball organization will hold tryouts for its 14-and-under team with all positions open. For more information, contact at Kathy Guin at (706) 401-1820. The 10-and-under team will hold private tryouts for pitchers and catchers. For more information, contact coach Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357 or coach Guy Poss (706) 962-7347. The 12-and-under team will conduct individual tryouts.
● A new 14-and-under softball team called the Titans is looking for players for the 2014 season. Practices will
be in the North Augusta/Belvedere area. For more information, contact coach Allen at 803-279-6024 or
via e-mail at coachallen@comcast.