Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The 11-and-under Georgia Lightning baseball team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players can not turn 12 before May 1, 2014. For more information, contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
● There will be a free basketball skills clinic conducted by former Duke University star and NBA player, Will Avery every Saturday from 8 a.m.-9:30. The camp is open to all children of middle or high school ages. For more information, go to www.augustabasketball.com or contact Will Avery at (706) 294-0767 or Chad Cook at (706) 550-2229.
● The 20th annual Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Friday at The River Golf Club. Cost of the four-man team event is $380. Entry forms are available at the club.
● The second annual Doug Wilhelm Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 13 at Aiken Golf Club. Cost is $500 for a team of four. Breakfast, lunch, a light dinner and on course beverages will be provided. For more information, call Nicole Simmons at (803) 507-6201 or Kevin Wilhelm at (803) 634-0157.
● The Palmetto Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at Palmetto Golf Club on Sept. 17. The format will be a four-person captain’s choice (scramble). Tee times can be made by calling (803) 641-3406 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry fee is $100 per person, which includes green fees, cart, range balls, bag lunch, social, dinner and participation gift.
● Augusta Lacrosse will play host to a girls 7-on-7 fall league at Kelley baseball park on Sept. 11- Nov. 9. The league will be on Wednesdays from 4 p.m.-5:30 and Saturdays form 10 a.m.-noon. The league is open to players 8-12 and cost $75 for home league play and $100 for travel tournaments. For more information, contact Mark Leszczynski at (706) 799-9287.
● Fall classes for The Augusta Fencers Club begin Sept. 18. The course is 10 weeks and cost $150. For more information, call (706) 722-8878 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The sixth annual “Bird Dog Breakaway” 5K run and 2 mile walk will be held on Sept. 21 at 8:30 a.m. at the Waynesboro city park. The race will benefit the “Center for New Beginnings”, a ministry to special needs children. T-Shirts, awards and door prizes will be available for all participants. Visit www.active.com or www.birddogbreakaway.com to register. For more information, call the center at (706) 437-0505.
● CSRA Force fastpitch travel organization will hold tryouts for its 14-and-under team with all positions open. For more information, contact at Kathy Guin (706) 401-1820. The 10-and-under team will hold private tryouts for pitchers and catchers. For more information, contact coach Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357 or coach Guy Poss (706) 962-7347. The 12-and-under team will be conducting individual tryouts. Contact Wilson for information.