Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The 11-and-under Georgia Lightning baseball team is looking for players for the upcoming season. Players can not turn 12 before May 1, 2014. For more information, contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
● The Omega Psi Phi Annual Amateur Golf Scholarship Tournament will be held Friday at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. Cost is $75 per person and includes green fees, lunch, beverages, awards and prizes. For more information, contact Marcus Brinson at (706) 951-4113 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
● The 20th annual Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 6 at The River Golf Club. Cost of the four-man team event is $380. Entry forms are available at the club.
● The second annual Doug Wilhelm Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 13 at Aiken Golf Club. Cost is $500 for a team of four. Breakfast, lunch, a light dinner and on course beverages will be provided. For more information, call Nicole Simmons at (803) 507-6201 or Kevin Wilhelm at (803) 634-0157.
● The Palmetto Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at Palmetto Golf Club on Sept. 17. The format will be a four-person captain’s choice (scramble). Tee times can be made by calling (803) 641-3406 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entry fee is $100 per person, which includes green fees, cart, range balls, bag lunch, social, dinner and participation gift.
● The second annual Deputy J.D. Paugh Memorial Foundation Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 30 at West Lake Country Club. Sponsorship and entry information can be found at www.jdpaughmemorial.org. For more information, call Tim Cieniewicz at (706) 840-2900.
● The Augusta Fencers Club will be having its grand opening and ribbon cutting on Aug. 27 from 11:30a.m.-1:30 p.m. Fall classes begin Sept. 18. The course is 10 weeks and cost $150. For more information, call (706) 722-8878 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The Georgia Rockers fastpitch organization is scheduled to hold open tryouts for the 2013-14 season for the 10-and-under, 12-and-under, 14-and-under and 16-and-under teams on Saturday and Sunday at Patriots Park. For more information, contact Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● CSRA Force fastpitch travel organization will hold tryouts for its 14-and-under team with all positions open. For more information, contact at Kathy Guin (706) 401-1820. The 10-and-under team will hold private tryouts for pitchers and catchers. For more information, contact coach Wayne Wilson at (706) 5645357 or coach Guy Poss (706) 962-7347. The 12-and-under team is looking for a utility player and a pitcher. Contact Wilson for information.
● There will be a free basketball skills clinic conducted by former Duke University star and NBA player, Will Avery every Saturday from 8 a.m.-9:30. The camp is open to all children of middle or high school ages. For more information, go to www.augustabasketball.com or contact Will Avery at (706) 294-0767 or Chad Cook at (706) 550-2229.