Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The Westside Patriots Baseball Camp for first through eighth graders is scheduled for Tuesday through Thursday. Times are 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $60. Campers should bring a glove and hat, baseball pants or long pants and a water bottle. For more information, call (706) 868-4030 or e-mail camp director Gerald Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Complete Game will play host to its summer baseball camp to be held Wednesday through Friday at the Complete Game Indoor & Outdoor Training Facility in Evans. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day, and is for children ages 6-14. The camp will cover all areas of the game at the beginner and advanced levels with different groups and stations. Augusta GreenJackets coach Steve Kline will be the special guest speaker. Cost is $90 per camper, and $50 for a second child. For more information, call (706) 814-5916.
● Evans High School will hold its annual baseball camp for ages 5-14 from June 17-20. Times are 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $100. For more information, e-mail Ricky Beale at email@example.com.
● A 12-under travel baseball team is looking for two more players to fill out its roster. Pitching experience is a plus. Contact coach Jason Perry at (706) 399-6474 for a tryout.
● The Greenbrier High School girls basketball camp is Tuesday-Thursday for players in the fourth through ninth grades. Cost is $75. For first through seventh graders, the camp is June 10-14 from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $100. For more details, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 10-14 at Christenberry Fieldhouse off Wrightsboro Road. The camp is open to all boys and girls in grades 1-11. The camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 10-13, and from 9 a.m. to noon June 14. Cost is $160. For more information, contact coach Metress at (706) 667-4765, e-mail email@example.com or visit jaguarsroar.com/sports/mbkb/2012-13/camp.
● The Greater Augusta Fellowship of Christian Athletes ninth annual 7-on-7 High School Football Passing League Camp will be held each Tuesday night in June from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Greenbrier High. It is free to the public. For more information, call Greg Wilson at (706) 910-7657.
● Hephzibah High is conducting summer workouts and a developmental program Monday, Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. starting Monday. There is no cost. Participants must have a current physical and be attending Hephzibah High and meet GHSA interscholastic eligibility requirements. For more details, contact coach John Bown at (706) 592-2089.
● North Augusta High School will hold a football camp for children in the second through eighth grade on the school’s football practice field from June 18-21. Times are 6-8:30 p.m. the first three days and 9-11:30 a.m. on the final day. Cost is $60. Camp staff consists of North Augusta coach Dan Pippin, his high school staff, players and college coaches. Register at Riverview Park in North Augusta by June 12. For more information, call Pippin at (803) 442-6108.
● The Palmetto Kiwanis Club Charity Golf Tournament will be held June 8 at Aiken Golf Club. The format will be four-person captain’s choice with check-in running from 9 to 9:45 a.m. Tee time is 10, and lunch will be served after play. Cost is $50 per person or $200 per four-person team if registered by June 3; $60 per person or $240 per four-person team after June 3. For more information, call John Boyette at (803) 645-0362.
● The North Augusta Exchange Club/Persimmon Hill Classic will be held June 15-16 at Persimmon Hill Golf Club in Saluda, S.C. This is a Regions Bank Amateur Series event with regular and senior (50-over) divisions. To enter, call Persimmon Hill at (803) 275-3522.
● The Goshen Golf Classic will be played June 22-23 at Goshen Plantation Golf Club. This is a Regions Bank Amateur Series event with a regular and senior (50-over) division. To enter, call Goshen at (706) 7993-1168.
● Newman Tennis Center will play host to the Tennis and Swim Summer Camp to be held Tuesday to June 28. The camp will be held Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is open to children ages 7-17. Cost is $180 per week, and the first week of camp will cost $144. For information, call Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.
● The Augusta Rowing Club will celebrate National Learn to Row Day with an event at the Boat House on Saturday. The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and will offer tours of the facilities, ergometer demonstrations and instructions, hands-on lessons on the dock and on-the-water instructions. Participants must be at least 12 years old. Cost will be a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Golden Harvest Food Bank. For more information, visit www.augustarowingclub.org or e-mail Michael Cobb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Complete Game will play host to its summer softball camp to be held June 12-14 at the Complete Game Indoor & Outdoor Training Facility in Evans. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day, and is for children ages 6-14. The camp will cover all areas of the game at the beginner and advanced levels with different groups and stations. Augusta State coach Melissa Mullins will be the special guest speaker. Cost is $90 per camper, and $50 for a second child. For more information, call (706) 814-5916.
● Registration is now open for the third annual Patriots Wrestling Camp at Westside High School. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon June 3-7. The camp is open for boys and girls in the first through ninth grades. Cost is $45 per wrestler and includes a camp shirt. Families with more than one camper will only pay $20 for each additional camper. For information, contact Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail email@example.com.