Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The Greenbrier High School girls basketball camp is May 28-30 for players in the fourth through ninth grades. Cost is $75. For grades one through seven, the camp is June 10-14 from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $100. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
● The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 10-14 at Christenberry Fieldhouse off Wrightsboro Road. The camp is open to all boys and girls in grades 1-11. The camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 10-13, and from 9 a.m. to noon June 14. Cost is $160. For more information, contact coach Metress at (706) 667-4765, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit jaguarsroar.com/sports/mbkb/2012-13/camp.
● Atlanta Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon will play host to the first East Georgia Pop Warner football camp June 1-2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Grovetown High School. Cost is $40 for online registration and $50 for walk-up registration. Parents are advised to register as soon as possible as there are only 100 available spots for the camp. For more information, visit www.eastgapopwarner.com.
● The Palmetto Kiwanis Club Charity Golf Tournament will be held June 8 at Aiken Golf Club. The format will be four-person captain’s choice with check-in running from 9 to 9:45 a.m. Tee time is 10, and lunch will be served after play. Cost is $50 per person or $200 per four-person team if registered by June 3; $60 per person or $240 per four-person team after June 3. Registration includes a cart, greens fee, gift bag and beverages and lunch. Awards will be presented to the top three teams. Prizes will also be awarded for closest to the pin and longest drive. For more information, call John Boyette at (803) 645-0362.
● The North Augusta Police Athletic League Boxing Club will play host to the State Championship event on May 25. Weigh-ins will be held from 9:30-11:30 a.m., and the bouts will begin at 2:30 p.m. Divisions include males, females, juniors and novice. Cost is $10, and tickets will be available at the door. Children age 6 and younger are admitted free.
For information, contact Jo-Anne Newman at (803) 215-6382 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The Newman Tennis Center will play host to the Tennis and Swim Summer camp to be held May 28 to June 28. The camp will be held Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The camp is open for children ages 7-17. Cost is $180 per week, and the first week of camp will cost $144. Parents who register before May 20 will receive a $20 discount, and those who sign up for multiple weeks will receive an additional 10 percent off. Discounts are also available for families with more than one camper. Lunch is not provided, and each camper will receive a camp shirt. Half-day sessions are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Cost is $80. The Quick-Start Summer Camp will be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., and is for children ages 4-6. Cost is $30 per week. For information, call Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.
● Newman Tennis Center will play host to an after-school program for children ages 4-17. Cost will be $120 monthly for children ages 13-17, including one free private lesson, $72 monthly for one class per week or $20 per clinic. Cost for children ages 7-12 will be $80 monthly, including one free private lesson, $50 monthly for one class per week or $15 per clinic. Cost will be $60 twice a week for children ages 4-6 including one free private lesson, $40 monthly for one class per week or $12 per clinic. For information, call Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.