● USSSA Junior Golf is holding registration for its tour for boys and girls ages 9-18. Register at usssatoday.com or contact Bob Howard at email@example.com.
● Heritage Academy will play host to a golf tournament at Belle Meade Country Club in Thomson on April 29. Registration, lunch and a putting contest will begin at 11:45 a.m. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $125 per player or $500 per team. All proceeds support student scholarships. To register, visit www.heritageacademyaugusta.org/golftournament.html or call (706) 821-0034.
● The Augusta Sports Council is now accepting nominations for the 2013 Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports (G.A.M.E.S.) Awards Banquet. Nominations are now being accepted in the following categories: Adaptive Star, All-Around Athlete (male and female), Amateur Star (male and female), Collegiate Star (male and female), Outstanding Athlete (male and female), Outstanding Official, Outstanding Coach, Outstanding High School team and Rising Star (male and female). All nominees must be at least of high school age and residents of Richmond, Columbia, Burke, McDuffie or Aiken counties. Nomination forms are available at www.augustasportscouncil.org or by contacting the Augusta Sports Council at (706) 722-8326 ext. 235. Deadline for submissions is Friday.
● Registration is now open for the third annual Patriots Wrestling Camp at Westside High School. The camp will run from June 3-7 from 9 a.m. to noon. The camp is open for boys and girls in the first through ninth grades. No prior experience needed. The camp’s emphasis is on teaching basic wrestling fundamentals. Cost is $45 per wrestler and includes a camp shirt. Families with more than one camper will only pay $20 for each additional camper. For information, contact Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Harlem High School will play host to a 10-and-under softball tournament on Saturday. For information, contact Greg Stokes at (706) 394-9508.
● Newman Tennis Center will play host to an after-school program for children ages 4-17. Cost will be $120 monthly for children ages 13-17, including one free private lesson, $72 monthly for one class per week or $20 per clinic. Cost for children ages 7-12 will be $80 monthly, including one free private lesson, $50 monthly for one class per week or $15 per clinic. Cost will be $60 twice a week for children ages 4-6 including one free private lesson, $40 monthly for one class per week or $12 per clinic. For more information, call Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.