Jackets toppled in extra innings
In Charleston, S.C., Dante Bichette Jr. drove home the game-winning run on a single in the 11th inning, sending the Charleston RiverDogs to a 2-1 victory over the Augusta GreenJackets on Friday night.
Chris Stratton started for the GreenJackets, allowing one hit and two walks in five scoreless innings. He had seven strikeouts.
Ian Gardeck (0-1) took the loss after allowing two hits in the 11th.
Gabriel Encinas started and went six innings for Charleston. He allowed one run on three hits and had six strikeouts. Dietrich Enns (1-0) came on in the 10th and pitched two scoreless innings to get the win.
Augusta has lost three of four.
Pacers win after Bearcats’ error
In Greenwood, S.C., Tyler Moore and Ben Donath scored on a throwing error in the top of the 10th inning, giving USC Aiken an 8-6 win over Lander on Friday night.
Moore and Bryce Baur had two RBI apiece for the Pacers, who won their fifth in a row.
• In Auburn, Ala., Ryan Tella was 4 for 5, Cullen Wacker had two RBI and the Tigers held off Georgia 4-3.
• In Atlanta, Buck Farmer had 10 strikeouts in a complete-game effort, and Georgia Tech pulled out a 2-1 win over Virginia in a matchup of two of the top teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
• In Gainesville, Fla., Harrison Bader had two RBI, and Florida got three runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to rally for a 4-3 victory over South Carolina.
Connor Bright was 3 for 4 with a home run for the Gamecocks.
• In Clemson, S.C., Garrett Boulware homered, and the Tigers cruised to an 8-2 win over Wake Forest.
Augusta State is swept in twin bill
In Milledgeville, Ga., Augusta State was swept in its doubleheader with Georgia College, dropping the first game 9-8 in 10 innings, and falling in the nightcap 8-5.
Taylor Campbell had five RBI in the twin bill for the Bobcats. Macy Terry had four RBI for the Jaguars.
Jaguars, Pacers suffer setbacks
In Florence, S.C., the Augusta State men’s and women’s teams were defeated in the quarterfinals of the Peach Belt Conference Tournament.
The Jaguar women fell 5-0 to Francis Marion, while the Jaguar men dropped their match 5-2 to Georgia College.
USC Aiken also dropped two matches. The Pacer men lost 5-0 to Lander and the women were defeated 5-0 by Columbus State.
• In Houston, fifth-seeded John Isner had 19 aces, the fastest at 146 mph, to overpower Ricardas Berankis 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 in the U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championship quarterfinals.
The former Georgia star will face defending champion Juan Monaco, a 6-1, 6-0 winner over Robby Ginepri.
Two tied for lead at event in Texas
In Midland, Texas, Reid Edstrom and Danny Lee share the lead after two rounds of the Web.com Tour’s WNB Golf Classic.
Edstrom and Lee both shot 6-under-par 66 on Friday and are tied at 10-under 134 at Midland Country Club.
Among players with local ties, Mitch Krywulycz (70-73), Kevin Kisner (74-70), Vaughn Taylor (71-73) and Scott Parel (76-74) all missed the cut.
– From staff and wire reports