● The Golfweek Amateur Tour’s Augusta schedule includes four major tournaments and one-day visits to Houndslake Country Club, Bartram Trail Golf Course, The Patriot at Grand Harbor, Gordon Lakes Golf Club, Tara Golf Club and Monticello Golf Club. Tournament format is gross stroke play, with USGA rules in effect. Cost for the Tour is $85 for a seasonal membership, which includes a gift bag and Tour packet, and allows members to play in local tournaments and other Golfweek Tour events around the country. Cost for single-day events range from $65 to $90, which includes cart and green fees, range balls and prizes. Golfers who qualify receive invitations to the 2013 Golfweek Amateur Golf Tour Championship at Hilton Head Island, S.C. For additional information, contact Phil Robinson at (706) 414-1170.
● USSSA Junior Golf is holding registration for its tour for boys and girls ages 9-18. Register at usssatoday.com or contact Bob Howard at email@example.com.
● The 29th annual Palmetto Sportsmen’s Classic will be held March 22-24 at the State Fairgrounds in Columbia. Doors will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Friday; from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 24. New and returning major attractions are R.J. and Jay Paul Molinere from the History Channel reality show Swamp People. For more information, call the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Columbia office at (803) 734-4008, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.psclassic.com.
Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The Complete Game Spring Baseball Camp will be held at the Complete Game Indoor & Outdoor Facility April 8 and 9. This camp will feature several different groups from beginner basics to advanced instruction on batting, fielding, pitching, bunting and base running. Instructors will include current and former high school players, current and former collegiate players, and former professional players. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day. Cost is $85 per person. For additional information, call (706) 814-5916 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The Augusta Metros Elite team is looking for girls in grades 9-10 and boys in grades 8-10 for the upcoming AAU season. For information, call Peabody at (706) 495-9244 or Valerie Rogers at (706) 990-9480.
● The Boy Scouts of America Georgia-Carolina Council will hold a fund-raising event with Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith on March 21 at the Marriott at the Convention Center in downtown Augusta. A reception will be held at 6:30 p.m., and the dinner will start at 7. Cost is $250 for one guest, $500 for two guests, $1,250 for five guests and $2500 for 10 guests. Reservations must be submitted by Friday. For more information, call (706) 733-5277 or visit www.gacacouncil.org.
● The Bulls Soccer Club will begin its new and expanded Junior Academy for players aged 4 to 12 on Wednesday. The academy will be held on Patriots Park Field 6 and will start at 6 p.m. This is a skill development program. For additional information, contact Andrew Hammer at (706) 550-2858 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Bulls Soccer Club will host its Middle School Skills Development Program beginning on Wednesday. The program will be held on Patriots Park Field 6 and will start at 7 p.m. This program is for all rising and current middle school students who want to play middle school soccer. For more information, contact Andrew Hammer at (706) 550-2858 or visit www.ga-scbulls.com.
● The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. For information, call Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
● A 10-under fastpitch team needs players for the 2013 season. Players must be 10 and under by Jan. 1. For information, call Tamara Tate at (706) 951-4362 or Linda Bobo at (706) 627-8803.
● Newman Tennis Center will play host to an after-school program for children ages 4-17. Cost will be $120 monthly for children ages 13-17, including one free private lesson, $72 monthly for one class per week or $20 per clinic. Cost for children ages 7-12 will be $80 monthly, including one free private lesson, $50 monthly for one class per week or $15 per clinic. Cost will be $60 twice a week for children ages 4-6 including one free private lesson, $40 monthly for one class per week or $12 per clinic. For more information, contact Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.