Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is seeking umpires for high school games. Meetings will be held at 6 p.m. at the Greenbrier Middle School library every Monday until the season starts. For more information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
● The Augusta Braves 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to before May 1. For more details, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
● The Augusta Metros Elite team is looking for girls in grades 9-10 and boys in grades 8-10 for the upcoming AAU season. For information, call Peabody at (706) 495-9244 or Valerie Rogers at (706) 990-9480.
● The Georgia Sting Lady Basketball Team will be be hosting a 3-on-3 girls basketball tournament Sunday Feb. 10. The tournament will be held at Evans Middle School, and each game will go to 5 points maximum on a 10 minute time limit. 4th through 8th grade girls are encouraged to bring their own team. 1st and 2nd place trophies will be awarded to each age group. Cost is $20. For additional information, contact Billy Jackson at (706) 830-6804 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The Georgia Sting Lady Basketball team will host try-outs for its 4th through 8th grade girls AAU Basketball team. Try-outs will be held at Evans Middle School on Feb. 16 from 9 a.m to 1 p.m. For additional information, please contact Billy Jackson at (706) 830-6804 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Saturday Series Player Panel Dinner will be held April 12 at a first-class venue in close proximity to the Augusta National Golf Club. The event will be an interactive evening with PGA TOUR professionals competing in the 2013 Masters and includes a first-class, full course dinner complemented with fine wines. Only 100 seats available. Cost is $700 per seat and $6,500 per 10-seat table. For more information, call (303) 979-4555, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.saturdayseries.com.
● The Saturday Series Pro-Am will be held April 13, at The Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation in Aiken. The event allows amateur golfers the unique opportunity of playing with PGA Tour professionals from the field of the 2013 Masters Tournament. A unique format allows amateurs to play with two different PGA Tour professionals during the 18-hole round. Cost is $6,000 per spot in the 2013 Saturday Series Masters Pro-AM. For more information, call (303) 979-4555, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.saturdayseries.com.
● USSSA Junior Golf is holding registration for its tour for boys and girls ages 9-18. Register at usssa.com or contact Bob Howard at email@example.com for information.
● The First Annual SGT. John F. Burner Golf Scramble will be held at Gordon Lakes Golf Course on Fort Gordon March 8. Teams will be composed of four people, and will follow scramble format. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with lunch at the club house at 11 a.m. Shotgun start at noon, if less than 40 players, traditional start. Prizes will be awarded for Par 3 hole-in-one, closest to the pin, longest drive and putt for cash contest. Cost is $40 per person, and includes green fee, cart, club rental and lunch. All proceeds benefit A Soldier’s Child Birthday Foundation. To register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church will play host to its Second Annual Reid On The Run 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run on Saturday at 9 a.m. The event will benefit the Augusta Warrior Project and the Children’s Ministry of Reid Memorial. For more information, visit www.reidchurchaugusta.org.
● The Augusta Fencers Club will host a 10-week class in beginning foil fencing. The class is designed for adults, but matrure students as young as 14 may apply. The class will meet on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. starting Feb. 20. Cost is $150 and will include all competitive equipment. For information, call (706) 722-8878.
● The MS Run the US 2013 Relay, scheduled for April 16-Sept. 17 and divided into 22 segments, is seeking 14 running partners to take part in each leg of the coast-to-coast running event. Each segment covers approximately 140 miles of running over the course of six days. All proceeds raised support multiple sclerosis research. To apply, visit msruntheus.com.
● The University of Georgia Rowing Team will be playing host to its seventh annual Southeastern Regional Collegiate Sprints on March 2. The regatta will run from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and will host 14 events throughout. For additional information, contact Samantha Slappey at (404) 788-4583 or e-mail email@example.com.
● The Southeastern Firefighters Burn Foundation (SFBF) will host its 10th Annual Best Dam Bicycle Ride April 21, beginning at 8:30 a.m. The event is for cyclist of all ages and abilities. The bicycle ride consists of 25, 60, 80 and 100 mile century competitions. There will be a 5-20, 36 and 50 mile mountain bike course on the historic Bartram Trail. Cost is $35 per rider; children under 12 may ride free, if accompanied by an adult. To register, visit Chain Reaction Bicycles in Evans, Ga., or go to www.active.com and search “10th Annual Best Dam Ride 2013.” All proceeds benefit SFBF.
● The Augusta Sports Council is seeking volunteers for the GRU Augusta Half Marathon & 10k to be held Feb. 23-24. More than 400 volunteers are needed for a variety of functions including athlete registration, course set-up and break-down, water stations, finish line support and hospitality. Online volunteer registration is available at www.augustahalf.org or by contacting the Augusta Sports Council at (706) 722-8326.
● The Augusta Amateur Soccer Futsal League will run through March 16 on Saturdays at the Patriots Park gym. A team must have a minimum of eight players and maximum of 12. The cost for returning teams from the outdoor league is $550 or $700 for a new team. For additional information, contact Justin Goolsby at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ricky Sanders at (706) 691-7242.
● The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. For information, call Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
● A 10-under fastpitch team needs players for the 2013 season. Players must be 10 and under by Jan. 1. For information, call Tamara Tate at (706) 951-4362 or Linda Bobo at (706) 627-8803.
● The Newman Tennis Center will play host to an after-school program for children aged 4-17. Cost will be $120 twice a week for children aged 13-17 including one free private lesson, $72 once a week or $20 per clinic. Cost for children aged 7-12 will be $80 twice a week including one free private lesson, $50 once a week or $15 per clinic. Cost will be $60 twice a week for children aged 4-6 including one free private lesson, $40 once a week or $12 per clinic. For more information, contact Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.