● A preseason baseball camp will be held Saturday-Jan. 27 at Eisenhower Park. The camp will last from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Jan. 27. Cost is $45 for one day and $65 for both days. For information, call Christopher Tate at (706) 832-2781 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Augusta Braves 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to before May 1. For more details, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
● The Braves 400 Fan Club will host its annual winter banquet on Saturday in the Grand Ballroom of the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center Hotel. The theme will be “Honoring Chipper Jones,” with Jones as the special guest. A gala reception, silent auction and raffle of Atlanta Braves memorabilia begins at 5 p.m. with the awards dinner and program following at 6:30. Admission is by advance reservation only, and the final deadline for purchase is Jan. 20. Cost is $70 for members and $75 for nonmembers before Friday. After Friday, prices will increase to $75 for members and $80 for nonmembers. For information, call the Braves 400 Fan Club’s hotline at (770) 416-4539 or visit www.braves400.org.
● The Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is seeking umpires for high school games. Meetings will be held at 6 p.m. at the Greenbrier Middle School library every Monday until the season starts. For more information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
● The Augusta Metros Elite Team is looking for girls in grades 9-10 and boys in grades 8-10 for the upcoming AAU season. For information, call Peabody at (706) 495-9244 or Valerie Rogers at (706) 990-9480.
● The Saturday Series Player Panel Dinner will be held April 12 at a first-class venue in close proximity to the Augusta National Golf Club. The event will be an interactive evening with PGA TOUR professionals competing in the 2013 Masters and includes a first-class, full course dinner complemented with fine wines. Only 100 seats available. Cost is $700 per seat and $6,500 per 10-seat table. For more information, call (303) 979-4555, email email@example.com or visit www.saturdayseries.com.
● The Saturday Series Pro-Am will be held April 13, at The Reserve Clube at Woodside Plantation in Aiken. The event allows amateur golfers the unique opportunity of playing with PGA TOUR professionals from the field of the 2013 Masters Tournament. A unique format allows amateurs to play with two different PGA TOUR professionals during the 18-hole round. Cost is $6,000 per spot in the 2013 Saturday Series Masters Pro-AM. For more information, call (303) 979-4555, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.saturdayseries.com.
● USSSA Junior Golf is holding registration for its tour for boys and girls ages 9-18. Register at usssa.com or contact Bob Howard at gmoose75@ yahoo.com for information.
● The MS Run the US 2013 Relay, scheduled for April 16-Sept. 17 and divided into 22 segments, is seeking 14 running partners to take part in each leg of the coast-to-coast running event. Each segment covers approximately 140 miles of running over the course of six days. All proceeds raised support multiple sclerosis research. To apply, visit msruntheus.com.
● Enrollment and orientation meetings will be held in Columbia County for the Clay Pigeon Target Sporting Program, which is open to students in seventh through 12th grades. Meetings for new and returning members will be held Tuesday at Savannah Rapids Pavilion. The session begins at 7 p.m. and all interested team members must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The yearly club fee of $135 includes shells, clays, trophies and competition fees to attend district and state matches. Practices are held Thursdays and will begin in February at a closed section of the Columbia County Landfill off Columbia Road. Although participants are expected to provide their own 12 or 20 gauge shotgun, new members can arrange to borrow a shotgun. For more details, visit the program’s Web site, www.columbia4htrap.org.
● Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church will host its Second Annual Reid On The Run 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run on Saturday at 9 a.m. The event will benefit the Augusta Warrior Project and the Children’s Ministry of Reid Memorial. For more information, visit www.reidchurchaugusta.org.
● The Augusta Fencers Club will host a ten-week class in beginning foil fencing. The class is designed for adults, but matrure students as young as 14 may apply. The class will meet on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. beginning on Feb. 20. Cost is $150 and will include all competitve equipment. For information, call (706) 722-8878.
● The Augusta Amateur Soccer Futsal League will run through March 16 on Saturdays at the Patriots Park gym. A team must have a minimum of eight players and maximum of 12. The cost for returning teams from the outdoor league is $550 or $700 for a new team. For more information, contact Justin Goolsby at email@example.com or call Ricky Sanders at (706) 691-7242.
● The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. For information, call Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
● A 10-under fastpitch team needs players for the 2013 season. Players must be 10 and under by Tuesday. For information, call Tamara Tate at (706) 951-4362 or Linda Bobo at (706) 627-8803.
● The Augusta Maddogs Rugby Club will practice Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Juilan Smith Casino Field. Strength and conditioning will be held Mondays and Wednesdays at AthElite beginning at 7 p.m. For information, visit www.augustarugby.com.
● The Newman Tennis Center will be hosting an after-school program for children aged 4-17. Cost will be $120 twice a week for children aged 13-17 including one free private lesson, $72 once a week or $20 per clinic. Cost for children aged 7-12 will be $80 twice a week including one free private lesson, $50 once a week or $15 per clinic. Cost will be $60 twice a week for children aged 4-6 including one free private lesson, $40 once a week or $12 per clinic. For more information, contact Newman Tennis Center at (706) 821-1600.