Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The 2013 Atlanta Braves Country Caravan, presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, will make a stop in Augusta on Jan. 24. Additional details will be announced at a later date. For information, contact Mackenzie Anderson at (404) 614-1535 or Eric Herrera at (281) 728-6833.
● The 10-under Georgia Lightning are looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 11 years old before May 1. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
● The Augusta Braves 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to before May 1. For more details, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
● The Braves 400 Fan Club will host its annual winter banquet on Jan. 26 in the Grand Ballroom of the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center Hotel. The theme will be “Honoring Chipper Jones,” with Jones as the special guest. A gala reception, silent auction and raffle of Atlanta Braves memorabilia begins at 5 p.m. with the awards dinner and program following at 6:30. Admission is by advance reservation only, and the final deadline for purchase is Jan. 20. Cost is $70 for members and $75 for nonmembers before Friday. After Friday, prices will increase to $75 for members and $80 for nonmembers. For information, call the Braves 400 Fan Club’s hotline at (770) 416-4539 or visit www.braves400.org.
● The Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is seeking umpires for high school games. Meetings will be held at 6 p.m. at the Greenbrier Middle School library every Monday until the season starts. For more information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
● A preseason baseball camp will be held Jan. 26-27 at Eisenhower Park. The camp will last from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 26 and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Jan. 27. Cost is $45 for one day and $65 for both days. For information, call Christopher Tate at (706) 832-2781 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Augusta Metros Elite Team is looking for girls in grades 9-10 and boys in grades 8-10 for the upcoming AAU season. For information, call Peabody at (706) 495-9244 or Valerie Rogers at (706) 990-9480.
● The Georgia Pirates are seeking coaches, players and cheerleaders for their minor football league team. For information, contact Robert Jenkins Sr. at (706) 829-2140 or email@example.com.
● USSSA Junior Golf is holding registration for its tour for boys and girls ages 9-18. Register at usssa.com or contact Bob Howard at gmoose75@ yahoo.com for information.
● The third annual Dog Gone Cold 5k Run/Walk will be held at the Julian Smith BBQ Pit on Saturday. The 1-Mile Fun Run will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the 5k will begin at 10 a.m. Participants are encouraged to bring their canine companions. Local organizations will be present with their available adoptable pets. Additional information can be found at www.hopefulhounds.org.
● The Augusta Amateur Soccer Futsal League will run through March 16 on Saturdays at the Patriots Park gym. A team must have a minimum of eight players and maximum of 12. The cost for returning teams from the outdoor league is $550 or $700 for a new team. For more information, contact Justin Goolsby at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ricky Sanders at (706) 691-7242.
● The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. For information, call Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
● Crushers girls fastpitch is looking for players for the 2013 14-under travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Tuesday. For more information, call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.
● A 10-under fastpitch team needs players for the 2013 season. Players must be 10 and under by Tuesday. For information, call Tamara Tate at (706) 951-4362 or Linda Bobo at (706) 627-8803.