Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The Greenbrier baseball camp will be held Thursday-Friday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. each day at the high school. The camp is for boys in grades 2-8. Cost is $75 and $25 for each sibling, and team rates are available. Register at Greenbrier High School or call (706) 650-6040 ext. 5807.
● The Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is seeking umpires for high school baseball. The first meeting will be held Jan. 7 at 6 p.m. at the Greenbrier Middle School Library, and every Monday until the season starts. For information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
● A preseason baseball camp will be held Jan. 26-27 at Eisenhower Park. The camp will last from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Jan. 26 and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Jan. 27. Cost is $45 for one day and $65 for both days. For information, call Christopher Tate at (706) 832-2781 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Will Avery Christmas and New Year’s Camps will be held Jan. 2-4 at Patriots Park. The camps are for ages 6-14. Registration is $100. To register, visit player360local.com.
● The Georgia All American Group is holding the Tyrone Hayes Christmas Break Camp through Tuesday from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at 415 Laney Walker Blvd. The camp is for boys and girls ages 6-13, and the cost is $120. For information on the group’s other camps and teams, visit georgiaallamericangroup.wordpress.com, e-mail email@example.com or call (706) 284-1721.
● The Augusta Metros Elite Team is looking for girls in grades 9-10 and boys in grades 8-10 for the upcoming AAU season. For information, call (706) 495-9244 or Valerie Rogers at (706) 990-9480.
● USSSA Junior Golf is holding registration for its tour for boys and girls ages 9-18. The season runs from August-July, but players can join any time during the year. Register at usssa.com or contact Bob Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
● The Augusta Amateur Soccer Futsal League will be held Jan. 6-March 16 on Saturdays at the Patriots Park gym. A team must have a minimum of eight players and maximum of 12. The cost for returning teams from the outdoor league is $550 or $700 for a new team. For information, contact Justin Goolsby at email@example.com or call Ricky Sanders at (706) 691-7242.
● The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. For information, call Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
● Crushers girls fastpitch is looking for players for the 2013 14-under travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Tuesday. For more information,
call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.
● A 10-under fastpitch team needs players for the 2013 season. Players must be 10-under by Tuesday. For information, call Tamara Tate at (706) 951-4362 or Linda Bobo at (706) 627-8803.