• The Fox Creek Baseball Fall Golf Tournament will be held Nov. 10 at Mount Vintage Plantation. Shotgun start is noon. Cost is $80 per player or $300 per team, or $50 for Fox Creek students. Call (803) 613-9435 ext. 129 or visit the Fox Creek front office for more information.
• Grace United Methodist Church is playing host to Bobby Richardson's "Impact Player" event at The Wesley Center on Nov. 14 at 7 p.m. Richardson will speak during the event, and there will be an opportunity to purchase his book, Impact Player, as well as receive autographs. There is no charge for admission. For information, contact the church office at (803) 279-7525 or visit gotgraceumc.org.
• The 10-under Georgia Lightning are looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 11 years old before May 1, 2013. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-13 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. For more information, call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger before May 1, 2013. For more information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• A 13-under travel team is looking for players. The players must be 13 or under before May 1, 2013. For more information or to schedule a tryout, call Jason Perry at (706) 399-6474.
• The CSRA Crusaders will hold a player evaluation day Nov. 10 at the Masters City Little League fields from 10 a.m.-noon. Information regarding player fees, team fundraisers and practice schedules will be provided. For information, call Trey Wingate at (706) 825-5868, Robert Hall at (706) 231-6325, Bob Corbin at (706) 868-7782 or Randy Yourchak at (706) 309-9412. Visit crusadersbaseball.com.
• The Will Avery Christmas and New Years Camps will be held Dec. 26-28 and Jan. 2-4 at Patriots Park. The camps are for boys and girls ages 6-14. Early registration for one camp is $75 before Dec. 1 and $100 after that date. Early registration for both camps is $125 before Dec. 1. To register, visit player360local.com.
• The Hoops 4 Hunger Basketball Clinic will be held Nov. 17 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Evans Middle School. The clinic is for boys and girls ages 6-17. The cost is 10 canned goods, which will go toward the Hoops 4 Hunger Food Drive to take place Thanksgiving Day at the Sandhills Community Center. To register, visit player360local.com.
• The WSI River Run for United Way will be held Saturday at North Augusta’s Riverview Park. The event begins at 9 a.m. and features a 10K run, 5K walk and 1-mile kids fun run. Registration fee is $30 for the 10K run or 5K walk, and $10 for the fun run. Late registration will be accepted Friday from 4-8 p.m. at Gold’s Gym in North Augusta and 7-8:30 a.m. on race day at the Riverview Park Activities Center, with a $5 increase for the 10K run and 5K walk. Register online at wsiriverrun.org. For more information, call (803) 952-7521.
• The Augusta State SAAC 5K Run for Wishes will be held Saturday at Blanchard Woods Park. The event begins at 9 a.m. and features a 5K run and 1K kids fun run. Registration fee is $20 for adults and $10 for kids at active.com.
• The MS Run the US 2013 Relay, scheduled for April 16-Sept. 17 and divided into 22 segments, is seeking 14 running partners to take part in each leg of the coast-to-coast run. Each segment covers approximately 140 miles of running over the course of six days. All proceeds raised support multiple sclerosis research. To apply, visit msruntheus.com.
• The Turkey 100 will be held Nov. 22-24 at Swainsboro Raceway. The event is headlined by Crate Late Model racing, which features a $20,000 prize. Several more events will run, including the Sunoco Super Street, featuring a $1,000 prize. Gates open at 4 p.m. on Thursday and noon on Friday and Saturday with feature racing being held Saturday. General admission for that day is $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 6-11 and free for children 6 and under.
• The Jennie Finch Softball Camp will be held Nov. 10-11 at Riverview Park. The camp will run from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Nov. 10 and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Nov. 11. The cost is $175 per camper for both days. Advanced registration is required. For more information on the camp, call (337) 274-3435 or visit jenniefinch.com. There will also be a champions dinner Nov. 10 at 6:30 p.m. at North Augusta Community Center, featuring Finch as guest speaker. Cost is $25
per person. For more information on the dinner, call (803) 441-4311 or visit northaugusta.net.
• The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. Contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
• Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball is looking for girls to round out the 16-under roster. For more information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers girls fastpitch is looking for players for the 2013 14-under travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. For more information, call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.