Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• The 10-under Georgia Lightning are looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 11 years old before May 1, 2013. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-13 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. For more information, call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger before May 1, 2013. For more information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• A 13-under travel team is looking for players. The players must be 13 or under before May 1, 2013. For more information or to schedule a tryout, call Jason Perry at (706) 399-6474.
• The Phenom 150 Boys Basketball Exposure Camp will be held today at Augusta Prep. The camp is for rising ninth through 12th graders looking to play basketball at the college level. The cost is $199. For information, contact William Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit phenomamerica.com.
• The Evans High School Baseball golf tournament will be held Saturday at Jones Creek Golf Club. Cost is $280 per team or $70 per player with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Contact Ricky Beale at Evans High School or Ray Keeler at (706) 829-4543.
• The Jesse C. Lynch American Legion Post 71 will play host to a golf tournament Oct. 22 at Mount Vintage Plantation. Tournament format is four-person captain’s choice, handicap scramble. Cost is $320 per team or $80 per player. The deadline to register is Monday, and an entry form is available at napost.org. For information, call Art Briggs at (803) 341-9888 or Walt Smith at (803) 832-1657.
• The WSI River Run for United Way will be held Nov. 3 at North Augusta’s Riverview Park. The event begins at 9 a.m. and features a 10K run, 5K walk and 1-mile kids fun run. Registration fee is $30 for the 10K run or 5K walk, and $10 for the fun run. The deadline to register is Oct. 27. Late registration will be accepted Nov. 2 from 4-8 p.m. at Gold’s Gym in North Augusta and 7-8:30 a.m. on race day at the Riverview Activities Center, with a $5 increase for the 10K run and 5K walk. Register online at wsiriverrun.org. For more information, call (803) 952-7521.
• The Augusta State SAAC 5K Run for Wishes will be held Nov. 3 at Blanchard Woods Park. The event begins at 9 a.m. and features a 5K run and 1K kids fun run. Pre-registration fee is $20 for adults and $10 for kids at active.com. Registration fee on the day of the race is $25 for adults and $15 for kids.
• The MS Run the US 2013 Relay, scheduled for April 16-Sept. 17 and divided into 22 segments, is seeking 14 running partners to take part in each leg of the coast-to-coast run. Each segment covers approximately 140 miles of running over the course of six days. All proceeds raised support multiple sclerosis research. To apply, visit msruntheus.com.
• The Great Strides Fore CF charity golf tournament will be held Friday at Forest Hills Golf Club. Cost is $500 per foursome ($240 tax deduction) or $125 per individual ($60 tax deduction). Lunch and registration is at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at noon. For information, call Addison Osteen at (404) 325-6973 or visit georgia.cff.org/greatstridesforecf.
• The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. Contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.