• The 10-under Georgia Lightning are looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 11 years old before May 1, 2013. For information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-13 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. Call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger before May 1, 2013. For information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• A 13-under travel team is looking for players. The players must be 13 or under before May 1, 2013. For information or to schedule a tryout, call Jason Perry at (706) 399-6474.
• The Phenom 150 Boys Basketball Exposure Camp will be held Saturday and Oct. 14 at Augusta Prep. The camp is for rising ninth through 12th graders looking to play basketball at the college level. The cost is $199. For information, contact William Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit phenomamerica.com.
• A fund-raiser youth football camp hosted by David Greene and Kelin Johnson for CAYFA will be held Saturday. Registration is $85 and includes an all-day camp, lunch, flag football game and autographs. The camp is open to all students and positions, ages 6-15. Register at everettsm.com or call (864) 350-1222.
• The Trinity C.M.E. Church will play host to a golf tournament Saturday at Pointe South Golf Club. The format is four-person Lauderdale with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. Entry fee is $55 per person or $220 per team. For information and registration, contact Phil Robinson at (706) 414-1170 or by e-mail at email@example.com. You can also call Tony Martin at (706) 394-3128, or Calvin Tanksley at (706) 840-3002.
• The 100 Black Men of Augusta’s Fall Classic Golf Tournament will be held Saturday at Gordon Lakes. Shotgun start is 11:30 a.m. and cost is $75 per player. Format is modified four-person Lauderdale. For information, contact Randy Frails at (706) 855-6715 or (706) 294-2050, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Great Strides Fore CF charity golf tournament will be held Oct. 19 at Forest Hills Golf Club. Cost is $500 per foursome ($240 tax deduction) or $125 per individual ($60 tax deduction). Lunch and registration is at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at noon. For information, call Addison Osteen at (404) 325-6973 or visit georgia.cff.org/greatstridesforecf.
• The WSI River Run for United Way will be held Nov. 3 at North Augusta’s Riverview Park. The event begins at 9 a.m. and features a 10K run, 5K walk and 1-mile kids fun run. Registration fee is $30 for the 10K run or 5K walk, and $10 for the fun run. The deadline to register is Oct. 27. Late registration will be accepted Nov. 2 from 4-8 p.m. at Gold’s Gym in North Augusta and 7-8:30 a.m. on race day at the Riverview Activities Center, with a $5 increase for the 10K run and 5K walk. Register online at wsiriverrun.org. Call (803) 952-7521 for more information.
• The CSRA Force girls fastpitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. Contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
• Crushers girls fastpitch is looking for players for the 2013 14-under travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.