• Martinez-Evans Little League will have sign-ups for fall baseball Wednesday at Putt-Putt Golf and Games from 10 a.m.-12:45 p.m. A birth certificate is required for registration, and cost is $65 for ages 4-14.
• The rising 13-and-under Georgia Riverdawgs baseball is holding an open tryout for another team. Tryouts will be at 9 a.m. Saturday at Riverside Park. Call Chet Frady at (706) 945-4621.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-2013 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. Call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• Join the Aiken-Edgefield district of the South Carolina Football Officials Association to learn the rules and mechanics of officiating football, including high school, middle school and youth league play this season. To receive instruction and training sessions in order to become an official, contact Melvin McGrier at (803) 215-0062 or Steve Hook at (803) 649-3477.
• The 16th annual Augusta Prep Golf Classic will be held Oct. 1 at Belle Meade Country Club. The deadline to register is Sept. 24. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For cost information or to register, visit augustaprep.org/golfclassic.
• The Men Making a Difference Organization will hold a tournament Saturday at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The event will serve as a fund-raiser in support of efforts in assisting at-risk youths within the CSRA. A team of four players costs $55 per player, or $45 for Gordon Lakes members. Check-in is 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. For more information, contact Willie C. Williams at (706) 627-3234 or (706) 791-3007.
• The 17th annual JDLH School Alumni Association Open Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 25 at Savannah Lakes’ Monticello course. Registration begins at noon and is $70 per player, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Pre-registration is required by Aug. 17. For information, call Coleen Starling at (864) 391-0493.
• The Paine College Golf Tournament will be held at 11 a.m. Aug. 27 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. Registration fee is $125 per individual and $375 per team, due before Monday. The tournament format is threesome Lauderdale play, captain’s choice. For more information, call (706) 821-8233 or (706) 564-3717, or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department’s fall youth athletic registration will be held through Friday. For information, call the Eisenhower Park Athletic Office at (706) 821-2800, the Fleming Athletic Office at (706) 796-5047 or the May Park Athletic Office at (706) 724-0505.
• Columbia County Recreation Department fall youth sports signups will be held through Friday. First-time participants must register in person. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blue Night 5K Run, Walk and 1-mile fun run will be held Aug. 17 at Citizens Park in Aiken. All proceeds benefit the Aiken Department of Public Safety Police Athletic League. The fun run will begin at 7 p.m. followed by a 7:30 p.m. start for the 5K run and walk. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m. and is $25 pre-registered or $30 on race day for the 5K event and $10 pre-registered or $15 on race day for the fun run. Registration forms may be requested by e-mailing email@example.com or calling (803) 642-7686.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department’s fall adult athletic registration for softball and flag football will be held the entire month of August. Registration will be at Diamond Lakes Adult Athletic Office and Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Administrative Office. For information, contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or Bobby Martin at (706) 796-5025.
• The Georgia Sports Hall of Fame is calling for nominations of individuals, living or deceased, to be considered for introduction into the hall of fame. Categories are athlete, coach/manager, contributor, senior or multi-sport/combination. Nominations must be submitted on forms provided by the hall of fame and obtained by calling (478) 752-1585 or e-mail Ben Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms must be sent to Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, P.O. Box 4644, Macon, GA 31208.
• AASL soccer registration dates will be posted at aaslsoccer.com. Divisions include men’s competitive 8 vs. 8, women’s competitive 6 vs. 6 and 35+ men’s competitive 6 vs. 6, played each Sunday and ranging from $950-$1,100 per team. There are also co-ed competitive and recreational divisions played Wednesday nights. Co-ed divisions begin play Aug. 15 and all other divisions begin Aug. 19. E-mail email@example.com for information.
• The Bulls Soccer Club is looking for a few additional players in 10-11-year-old girls, 13-14-year-old boys and 17-18-year-old boys. For information, contact Andrew Hammer at (706) 399-4080, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit ga-scbulls.com.