Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• The CSRA Fall Baseball League is accepting registration for ages 5-15. The USSSA sanctioned league will be held at Citizens Park in Aiken from August-October, and all games are played Monday-Thursday. For information or to register, visit csraleague.com or call Angie Van Dyne at (803) 292-9368.
• The Sure Shot Basketball Camp will be held Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon at Lakeside Middle School for second- through fifth-graders. Cost is $80. Call (706) 627-0425.
• The Clint Bryant Basketball Camp will be held at North Augusta’s Riverview Park Activities Center from July 23-27. Registration fee is $225. For information, call (706) 825-2232.
• The Augusta Prep Basketball Camp will be held July 30-Aug. 2 from 12:15-4:15 p.m. for boys and girls in grades first through eighth. The cost is $100. For information, call camp director and varsity girls head coach Myran Hunt at (803) 624-7264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will hold a weekend camp Aug. 3-5. The cost is $80 and will run from 6-9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, and 2-5 p.m. Sunday. The camp is open to boys and girls in grades first through 11th, with lunch provided on Saturday. For information, call (706) 667-4765 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Riverside Middle School, on Furys Ferry Road in Evans, will hold cross country/5K camps Monday-Friday from 8-10 a.m., and July 23-27 from 8-10 a.m. Both are open to rising fourth- through eighth-graders. Cost is $75 per segment or $120 for both. E-mail Tony Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The MVP Football Camp will be held Saturday at Augusta Christian. The camp features D.J. Shockley and Verron Haynes. Registration is $85 for ages 6-16 and includes an all-day camp with lunch, scrimmage and autograph opportunities. Register at everettsm.com or call (864) 350-1222.
• The Nations of Coaches Celebrity Golf Classic will be held Tuesday at The River Golf Club. Registration is $200 per person and $800 per team. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1:15 p.m. Coaches playing include Frank Martin, Roy Williams, Tubby Smith, Bobby Cremins and Paul Hewitt. Register at nationsofcoaches.com.
• The Columbia County Junior Golf Championships will be held Wednesday-Thursday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The tournament is free for boys and girls ages 6-18. To register, call (706) 210-4681.
• The Augusta City Amateur will be held Friday-Sunday at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost to enter the 54-hole Regions Bank Amateur Series event is $150. For more information, contact the Forest Hills pro shop at (706) 733-0001.
• The Men Making a Difference Organization will hold a golf tournament Aug. 11 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The event will serve as a fundraiser in support of efforts in assisting at-risk youths within the CSRA. A team of four players costs $55 per player, or $45 for Gordon Lakes members. Check-in is 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. For more information, contact Willie C. Williams at (706) 627-3234 or (706) 791-3007.
• The 17th Annual JDLH School Alumni Association Open Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 25 at Savannah Lakes’ Monticello course. Registration begins at noon and is $70 per player, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Pre-registration is required by Aug. 17. For information, call Coleen Starling at (864) 391-0493.
• The Paine College Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 27 at 11 a.m. at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. Registration fee is $125 per individual and $375 per team, due before Aug. 6. The tournament format is threesome Lauderdale play, captain’s choice. For more information, call (706) 821-8233 or (706) 564-3717, or e-mail email@example.com.
• The inaugural Revvin’ It Up for the Lady Dogs motorcycle ride to benefit the Harlem High School softball team will be held today. Registration begins at noon, with the ride to the Strom Thurmond Dam and back starting at 2 p.m. Cost is $20 per driver and $5 per passenger. For information, go to: www.edline.net/pages/Harlem_High_School/Athletics/Softball.
• Columbia County Recreation Department fall youth sports registration is Monday-Aug. 10. Early registration is Monday-Friday, online for previous participants. Regular registration, online or at Patriots Park is July 23-Aug. 10. First-time participants must register in person. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Endurance Concepts, a triathlon coaching firm based in Atlanta, will host a triathlon training camp July 28-29. Registration is open at imathlete.com. Fees range from $175-$250 and include two days of training on the ESi Augusta Ironman 70.3 course and open water swim training in the Savannah River. For information, contact Tony Hammett at email@example.com or visit enduranceconcepts.com.
• AASL soccer registration begins Monday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Atlanta Bread Company, while other dates will be posted at aaslsoccer.com. Divisons include men’s competitive 8 vs. 8, women’s competitive 6 vs. 6 and 35+ men’s competitive 6 vs. 6, played each Sunday and ranging from $950-$1,100 per team. There are also co-ed competitive and recreational divisions played Wednesday nights. Co-ed divisions begin play Aug. 15 and all other divisions begin Aug. 19. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fast pitch traveling team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.