Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• The Westside Patriots Baseball Camp will be held in two sessions: May 21-23 and May 28-30 from 9 a.m.-noon each day. The camp is for children in first through eighth grades, and the cost is $50. The camp director is Westside coach Gerald Barnes. For information, call (706) 868-4030.
• The Greenbrier Basketball Camp will be held May 30-June 1 from 8 a.m.-noon for children in grades 4-9. The cost is $75. For information, contact Casey Heckathorn at (706) 447-2106 ext. 3750 or email@example.com.
• The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 11-15 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.-noon on Friday. The cost is $160 and is open to all boys and girls from grades 1-11. For more information, call Metress at (706) 667-4765, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Mike Brandt Basketball Camps will be held June 25-28 at the USC Aiken Convocation Center. The boys and girls day camp runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. all four days, and is $165 per camper. Team tournaments will also be held June 9 and 29, and team camps will be held June 15-16. Tournaments are limited to the first 16 teams registered and deposit received. The tournaments are $100 per team, and team camps are $160 per team. For more information, contact Brandt at (803) 641-3491 or email@example.com. Additional information can be found at pacersports.com.
• The Dish Fish Open Bass Tournament will be held May 19-20 at Dorn Boating Facility on Lake Thurmond. Entry fee is $100 per person or $200 per boat. The tournament pays out the top 30 finishes. For information, call (866) 208-5901 or visit dishfishbytailgater.com.
• The East Georgia Youth Football League will hold registration at Dick’s Sporting Goods on May 26 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Early registration runs through June for ages 5-15, and the cost is $150. For information, contact Burt Rayburn at (706) 305-8169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Camp Sertoma Golf Tournament will be held June 4 at Woodside Plantation Country Club. Tee time is noon, and the format is captain’s choice. The entry fee is $300 per team. Proceeds benefit Camp Sertoma of South Carolina, a nonprofit organization supporting children with speech and hearing disorders, and underprivileged children. For information, contact Don Bartelmay at (803) 648-5388 or email@example.com, or visit campsertomasc.com and woodside-planation.com.
• The McPherson-Thompson Golf Camp, directed by the Augusta State University golf coaches, will be held June 18-21 at the J. Fleming Norvell Golf House at Augusta State. Accommodations will be provided by Champions Retreat Resort. For information and to register, visit jaguargolfcamp.com.
• The YMCA golf camps will be held June 18-21 and July 16-19 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. each day. The camps are open to children ages 5-17. Monday through Wednesday of each camp will be held at Wedges and Woods, and a nine-hole tournament will be held at Forest Hills Golf Club on Thursday. The cost is $149. For information or to register, contact Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or visit augusta-golf-academy.com.
• The Palmetto Kiwanis Club Charity Golf Tournament will be held June 23 at Aiken Golf Club. Check-in is 9-9:45 a.m. and tee time is 10 a.m. The format is four-person captain’s choice. The entry fee is $60 or $220 per four-person team, or $50 or $200 per team if pre-registered by June 16. For information or to register, call John Boyette at (803) 645-0362, or visit aikenpalmettokiwanis.org.
• Summer classes and camps for The First Tee of Aiken are open for registration for ages 5-18. Registration is open online at thefirstteeaiken.org and will remain open until all classes and camps are full.
• Kyle Maynard will be the guest speaker for the 21st annual Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports Awards banquet on May 31 at the Augusta Marriott Convention Center. Check-in and a social hour will open at 6 p.m., with dinner and program beginning at 7. Tickets are $40 for Sports Council members and $45 for non-members. For reservations or more information, call (706) 722-8326, ext. 231.
• The Augusta Rowing Club will be celebrating the 11th anniversary of National Learn to Row Day on June 2 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Boat House on Riverfront Drive. Members of the Augusta Rowing Club will offer tours of the facilities, demonstrations and lessons. The cost for participants will be a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Golden Harvest Food Bank, and lunch will be provided. For more information, visit augustarowingclub.org.
• The Greenbrier Fastpitch Softball Clinic will be held May 29-June 1 from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Greenbrier High School. The camp is for girls of all skill levels in first through eighth grades. The cost is $75 per person, $65 for siblings and team rates are available. For information and to register, contact Garrett Black at (706) 650-6040 ext. 150 or visit Greenbrier’s Web site.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp from 9 a.m.-noon June 4-8 at the Westside High gymnasium.
The camp is open to boys and girls in first through eighth grades. The cost is $45 and includes a shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.