Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• The Southeastern Firefighters Burn Foundation will hold its ninth annual Best Dam Bicycle Ride on Sunday at 8:30 a.m. at Thurmond Lake at Clarks Hill Dam. It is open to cyclists of all ages and abilities and consists of 25-, 58-, 80- and 100-mile options. There will be a mountain bike course on the historic Bartram Trail. To register, visit Chain Reaction Bicycles in Martinez, or go to www.active.com. The cost is $35 per rider and children under 12 ride free if accompanied by an adult.
• If members of any football team coached by Harvey Hogan at Tubman Junior High School are interested in a reunion for Hogan, contact Charlie Beale at (706) 863-9818, Pat Ford at (706) 288-8974, John Smith at (706) 825-9472, or Pete Williams at (706) 790-6954.
• Clemson University fans and alumni are invited to join coaches Dabo Swinney, Brad Brownell and the Tiger at this year’s “Prowl and Growl” meeting held April 17 at the Aiken Jaycee Building. Doors open at 5 p.m. Ticket reservation deadline is Thursday, and the cost is $20 for adults and $10 for children ages 6-12. Children under five get in free. To reserve tickets, contact Tripp Bryan at (803) 349-5301 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; Spooky Weeks at (803) 649-5141, email@example.com; or Bryan Young at (803) 648-2672, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Coach D.A. Brock Golf Classic will be held Thursday at The River Golf Club. Registration is $75 per individual and $150 per team. The tournament format is two-man captain’s choice. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the shotgun start is scheduled for 9:30.
• The Augusta State University Alumni and Friends Lauderdale Championship will be held Friday at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost is $187.50 for individuals in the open division, and $100 for individuals in the senior and women’s divisions. The cost for a team in the open division is $750, and $400 per team in the senior and women’s divisions. Registration and breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. followed by a shotgun start at 8:15.
• The Tony Molini Golf Tournament will be held Saturday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The price is $65 per player, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. For information, call (706) 833-2008 or e-mail Mark Jarvis at email@example.com.
• Heritage Academy will hold a tournament at Belle Meade Country Club on April 16. Registration, lunch and putting contest begin at 11:45 a.m. The shotgun start is 1 p.m. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team. All proceeds support student scholarships. Register online at heritageacademyaugusta.org/golftournament or call (706) 821-0034.
• The Brothers of the Dove and The First Tee of Augusta are holding the CSRA Golf Challenge on May 19 at Goshen Plantation Golf Club. The tournament will have a male and female division and will be played in four-player, best-ball format. Each of the male and female teams will be assigned a current member of The First Tee of Augusta. Portions of the proceeds will benefit The First Tee and the Cross Creek High football program. For information, call (706) 414-7390.
• Champions Made From Adversity will hold an adaptive water skiing event on June 9 from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Fort Gordon Outdoor Resort for all youth and adults with disabilities. Register at cmfa.us.
• The Walton Foundation Wheelchair Championship Tournament will be held June 16-17 at Newman Tennis Center. The registration deadline is June 9, and the entry fee is $50. Register at usta.com. For information, contact Alice Salley at (706) 826-5809.
• Men Making a Difference Inc. is holding a basketball tournament on Sunday at 8 p.m. at the Henry H. Brigham Community Center. Teenagers and adults can enter the double-elimination tournament. The cost is $75 per individual. For information, contact Robert Jenkins at (706) 829-2140.
• The Will Avery Basketball Camp will be held May 21-25 at Evans Middle School for boys and girls ages 7-17. The cost is $125 if registered before May 1, and $175 after that date. For information and to register, visit willaveryspringclassic.com.
• The Mike Brandt Basketball Camps will be held June 25-28 at the USC Aiken Convocation Center. The boys and girls day camp runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. all four days, and is $165 per camper. Team tournaments will also be held June 9, and team camps will be held June 15-16. Tournaments are limited to the first 16 teams registered and deposit received. The tournaments are $100 per team, and team camps are $160 per team. For more information, contact Brandt at (803) 641-3491 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to pacersports.com.
• The GA-SC Bulls are now taking reservations for the Junior Academy Program, which provides soccer-specific training for boys and girls from 6-12 years old. Training begins Wednesday and will run through June 16. All practices are held on Wednesdays with games played Saturday mornings. For information or to register, visit ga-scbulls.com or call (706) 399-4080.
• Augusta Prep’s summer volleyball camps are June 18-21 and July 10-13. There will be a session for grades five through eight from 9 a.m.-noon each day, and grades nine through 12 from 1-4 p.m. The cost is $130. For information, contact Rich Bland at (706) 414-6145 or e-mail at email@example.com, or visit augustaprep.com.