• The Pete Meadows Baseball Program and Putt-Putt Golf & Games is offering a series of free baseball hitting lessons throughout March for all youth and high school baseball and softball players. Visit petemeadows.com or call (706) 691-3990.
• Augusta State University’s Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity will hold its second annual Livestrong Family Fun Bike Ride at the Augusta Canal on Saturday at 9 a.m. Proceeds from the seven-mile ride will be donated to Livestrong: The Lance Armstrong Foundation. This is a not a race and there will be multiple safety and health-motivated workshops in conjunction with the self-paced ride. It is free for those under 7 years old. Cost is $15 for individuals, $40 for groups of three, $50 for groups of four and $60 for groups of five.
• The Southeastern Firefighters Burn Foundation will hold its ninth annual Best Dam Bicycle Ride April 15 at 8:30 a.m. at Thurmond Lake at Clarks Hill Dam. It is open to cyclists of all ages and abilities and consists of 25-, 58-, 80- and 100-mile options. There will be a mountain bike course on the historic Bartram Trail. To register, visit Chain Reaction Bicycles in Martinez, or go to www.active.com. The cost is $35 per rider and children under 12 ride free if accompanied by an adult. The first 100 registrants will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 gift certificate from Chain Reaction Bicycles.
• If members of any football team coached by Harvey Hogan at Tubman Junior High School are interested in a reunion for Hogan, contact Charlie Beale at (706) 863-9818, Pat Ford at (706) 288-8974, John Smith at (706) 825-9472, or Pete Williams at (706) 790-6954.
• The First Tee of Aiken will hold spring session classes from Monday until May 19. Registration is under way at thefirstteeaiken.org, and classes are open for registration until they are full. The cost is $25 for an annual membership and $50 for seasonal registration. Golfers must be between the ages of 8-18.
• The Health Service Auxiliary, a nonprofit group, will play host to the 16th annual Fisher House Golf Tournament on Friday at Gordon Lakes Golf Course on Fort Gordon. The proceeds benefit the local Fort Gordon Fisher House. Cost is $75 per player, $300 per team. Cost includes the round of golf and free nine-hole round of golf for future play at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. There will be a silent auction and prizes available. Registration and lunch begin at 10:30 am., with a shotgun start at noon. For more information or to register, go to www.tournevents.com/FHGT2012 or call (706) 787-7100.
• The Triple Crown Golf Classic benefiting two United Way agencies will be held March 26 at Woodside Plantation Country Club in Aiken. The cost is $100 per individual. The tournament is a foursome gross and net scramble. All proceeds benefit the two charities. For information, call (803) 648-3456 or (803) 642-8812.
• Heritage Academy will hold a golf tournament at Belle Meade Country Club on April 16. Registration, lunch and putting contest begin at 11:45 a.m. The shotgun start is 1 p.m. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team, with lunch and dinner provided. All proceeds support student scholarships. Register online at heritageacademyaugusta.org/golftournament or call (706) 821-0034.
• The Augusta State University Alumni and Friends Lauderdale Championship will be held April 13 at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost is $187.50 for individuals in the open division, and $100 for individuals in the senior and women’s divisions. The cost for a team in the open division is $750, and $400 per team in the senior and women’s divisions. Registration and breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. followed by a shotgun start at 8:15 a.m.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp to be held June 4-8 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Westside High gym. The camp is open to boys and girls in first through eighth grades. The cost is $45 and includes a camp shirt. A family discount is available. To register or for more information, call (706) 399-3154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.