• The Pete Meadows Baseball Program and Putt-Putt Golf & Games is offering a series of free baseball hitting lessons through March for all youth and high school baseball and softball players. Visit petemeadows.com or call (706) 691-3990.
• Martinez Evans Little League is holding a last-chance registration for baseball. Register at mellbaseball.org.
• The Aiken Elite girls AAU basketball teams will hold a tryout from 4-6 p.m. today at St. John’s United Methodist Church in Aiken. Girls in grades sixth through ninth are eligible. Tryouts for the 12-under team are from 4-5 p.m. and tryouts for the 14-under team are from 5-6 p.m. For more information, please e-mail Tom Nance at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jamie Johnson at email@example.com.
• The Savannah River Sail and Power Squadron conducts free vessel safety checks. E-mail requests to firstname.lastname@example.org (Georgia) or email@example.com (South Carolina).
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities adult flag football registration will run through Wednesday. Contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Gridiron Alumni travels the nation pitting old football rivals against each other, and it is planning several full contact alumni football games. The first 40 players on each team get to play, and the team that gets to 30 players first achieves home field advantage. Games are scheduled for March and April. For more information or to register, visit gridironalumni.com or call Chris Hall at (530) 410-6396.
• The Health Service Auxiliary, a non-profit group, will play host to the 16th annual Fisher House Golf Tournament on March 23 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course on Fort Gordon. The proceeds benefit the local Fort Gordon Fisher House. Register by March 16. Cost is $75 per player, $300 per team. Cost includes the round of golf and free nine-hole round of golf for future play at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. There will be a silent auction and prizes available. Registration and lunch begin at 10:30 am., with a shotgun start at noon. For more information or to register, go to www.tournevents.com/FHGT2012 or call (706) 787-7100.
• The Triple Crown Golf Classic benefiting two United Way agencies will be held March 26 at Woodside Plantation Country Club in Aiken. The cost is $100 per individual. The tournament is a foursome gross and net scramble. All proceeds benefit the two charities. For information, call (803) 648-3456 or (803) 642-8812.
• The third annual Military Intelligence Corps Association 10K Trail Run and 5K Walk will be held March 10 at Fort Gordon. Race-day registration starts at 7 a.m. and the race begins at 8 a.m. For details, visit www.mica10krun.com.
• Run With The Bulls 5K will be held March 10 at Blanchard Woods Park. The race will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, the Children’s Medical Center and the Bulls Scholarship Fund. Register online at strictlyrunning.com or at active.com. Entry fee is $30. For more, call (706) 312-7415.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities adult softball registration will run through Wednesday. Contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or email@example.com.
• Greenbrier High School will play host to The Jessica Mendoza Experience: A Softball and Life Skills Clinic from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. March 17. Mendoza, a two-time Olympic softball medalist, will teach fundamentals of the game as well as strength and agility training and nutrition. The cost is $85 per participant and space is limited. For information, email Will Mackelburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (912) 506-8448.
• CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold a series of skills clinics Sunday afternoons until March 18 at the Augusta Prep gyms for girls in fourth to 11th grades. Cost is $225. For information, go to www.csraheat.com.