• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department youth baseball registration will be Monday through Feb. 24 from noon-6 p.m. Contact the Eisenhower Park Athletic Office at (706) 821-2800; the Fleming Athletic Office at (706) 796-5047; and the May Park Athletic Office at (706) 724-0505.
• Martinez Evans Little League is accepting early registration for spring 2012 online at mellbaseball.org/2012-spring-registration until Wednesday. A free instructional clinic will be offered March 17 and 24 for all little league players.
• The Augusta American Legion Baseball Reunion Banquet will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the American Legion Richmond Post 63 on Milledge Road. The guest speaker will be Darrel Chaney, a utility infielder for the 1975 World Champion Cincinnati Reds and member of the Atlanta Braves from 1976 to 1979.
• Columbia County spring baseball registration runs through Friday at Patriots Park.
• The Augusta Area Baseball Umpires Association is recruiting umpires. Meetings will be the next three Mondays at 6:30 p.m. at the Greenbrier Middle School library. For more information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646, Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
• The Pete Meadows Baseball Program and Putt-Putt Golf & Games is offering a series of free baseball hitting lessons through March for all youth and high school baseball and softball players. Visit petemeadows.com or call (706) 691-3990.
• The 13-and-under Georgia Lightning AAA baseball team is looking for one or two more players for this season. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• The Aiken Warriors will hold tryouts for the AAU boys and girls basketball teams Friday at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday at noon at River of Life Church in Aiken. Boys in fifth through 11th grades and girls in eighth through 11th grades are eligible. For more information, contact Curtis Jenkins at (803) 295-2376, or Antonio Gary at (803) 979-2699.
• The Aiken Elite girls AAU basketball teams will hold a tryout Feb. 26 from 4-6 p.m. at St. John’s United Methodist Church in Aiken. Girls in grades sixth through ninth are eligible. Tryouts for the 12-under team are from 4-5 p.m. and tryouts for the 14-under team are from 5-6 p.m. For more information, please e-mail Tom Nance at email@example.com, or Jamie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A 10-week fencing introduction course for ages 9-12 meets for one hour on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. All competitive gear is provided. The course’s emphasis is on fun and exercise, as well as learning how to fence. For registration or additional information, call (706) 722-8878.
• Registration is open for a 10-week fencing introduction class at the Augusta Fencers Club. The class is designed for adults, but mature students as young as 14 can apply. The class meets on Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the club’s facilities. Cost for the course is $150, and all competitive equipment is provided. Call (706) 722-8878 to register or for additional information.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities adult flag football registration will run through Feb. 29. Contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or email@example.com.
• The Augusta Sports Council and the Family Y will present the Medals for Miles youth fun run at 4 p.m. on Feb. 25. The 1.1-mile run is one of the featured events of the Augusta Half Marathon Festival. It is geared toward children in grades K-5. The Medals for Miles tracking form can be downloaded at augustahalf.org or picked up at any Family Y location. Students must bring the form to the fun run. Pre-registration is required and can be completed at augustahalf.org. For more information, contact the Augusta Sports Council at (706) 722-8326, ext. 231.
• Columbia County spring softball registration runs through Friday at Patriots Park. For more information, call (706) 863-7523 or visit www.columbiacountyga.gov.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities youth softball registration will be Monday through Feb. 24. Times are Monday through Friday from noon-6 p.m. Contact the Eisenhower Park Athletic Office at (706) 821-2800; the Fleming Athletic Office at (706) 796-5047; and the May Park Athletic Office at (706) 724-0505.
• A one-pitch men’s softball tournament will be held Feb. 24 at 8 p.m. at Diamond Lakes Regional Park. The cost is $150. The tournament is a fund-raiser for the Georgia Rockers fastpitch softball team traveling on a mission trip to Guatemala to play host to a softball clinic for young players. Contact Will Collins at (706) 832-0322, or Lisa Hall at (706) 267-7760.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities adult softball registration will run through Feb. 29. Contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A softball clinic featuring Olympic gold medalist and former USA Softball Female Athlete of the Year Jessica Mendoza will be held March 17 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Greenbrier High School. For more information, contact Will Mackelburg at email@example.com.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp on June 4-8 from 9 a.m.-noon at the Westside High School gym. The camp is open to boys and girls in first through eighth grades. The cost is $45 and includes a shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.