• Martinez Evans Little League is accepting early registration for spring 2012 online at mellbaseball.org/2012-spring-registration until Feb. 15. A free instructional clinic will be offered March 17 and 24 for all little league players.
• The Augusta American Legion Baseball Reunion Banquet will be held at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 16 at the American Legion Richmond Post 63 on Milledge Road. The guest speaker will be Darrel Chaney, a utility infielder for the 1975 World Champion Cincinnati Reds and member of the Atlanta Braves from 1976 to 1979.
• Columbia County spring baseball registration runs through Feb. 17 at Patriots Park.
• The Augusta Area Baseball Umpires Association is recruiting umpires. The next meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Greenbrier Middle School library, and the next three Mondays thereafter. For more information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646, Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
• The Pete Meadows Baseball Program and Putt-Putt Golf & Games is offering a series of free baseball hitting lessons through March for all youth and high school baseball and softball players. Visit petemeadows.com or call (706) 691-3990.
• The 13-and-under Georgia Lightning AAA baseball team is looking for one or two more players for this season. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• A 10-week fencing introduction course for ages 9-12 meets for one hour on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. All competitive gear is provided. The course’s emphasis is on fun and exercise, as well as learning how to fence. For registration or additional information, call (706) 722-8878.
• Registration is open for a 10-week fencing introduction class at the Augusta Fencers Club. The class is designed for adults, but mature students as young as 14 can apply. The class meets on Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the club’s facilities. Cost for the course is $150, and all competitive equipment is provided. Call (706) 722-8878 to register or for additional information.
• Join Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church in Reid on the Run on Saturday. Registration and check-in for the 1-mile run and 5K run begins at 8 a.m., at the church. The one-mile run begins at 9 a.m., and the 5K run begins at 9:30 a.m. Entry fee is $30. Entry fee for the1-mile run is $10. For more information, call Joy Weigle at (706) 733-2275.
• The Augusta Sports Council and the Family Y will present the Medals for Miles youth fun run Feb. 25 at 4 p.m. The 1.1-mile run is one of the featured events of the Augusta Half Marathon Festival. It is geared toward children in grades K-5. The Medals for Miles tracking form can be downloaded at augustahalf.org or picked up at any Family Y location. Students must bring the form to the fun run. Pre-registration is required and can be completed at augustahalf.org. For more information, contact the Augusta Sports Council at (706) 722-8326, ext. 231.
• Columbia County spring softball registration runs through Feb. 17 at Patriots Park. For more information, call (706) 863-7523 or visit www.columbiacountyga.gov.