• Martinez Evans Little League is now accepting early registration for spring 2012 online at mellbaseball.org/2012-spring-registration until Feb. 15. In-person registration is scheduled for Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
• Columbia County spring baseball registration begins Monday and runs through Feb. 17 at Patriots Park.
• The Augusta Area Baseball Umpires Association is recruiting umpires. Meetings will be held at 6:30 p.m. every Monday at the Westside High School auditorium. For more information, call Bob Culbreath at (803) 507-1646, Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412 or Chuck Stevens at (706) 830-1214.
• The Pete Meadows Baseball Program and Putt-Putt Golf & Games is offering a series of free baseball hitting lessons through March for all youth and high school baseball and softball players. Visit petemeadows.com or call (706) 691-3990.
• The 13-and-under Georgia Lightning AAA baseball team is looking for one or two more players for this season. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Columbia County Chaos 12-under travel baseball team is seeking players for the 2012 season. Players must be 12 or under on May 1. All players considered, but experience is desired. For information, call Trevor Adkins at (706) 284-7379.
• The Augusta Diving Club is training any high school students who wish to dive for their high school team. No experience is necessary. The season runs until February for those who qualify for state. All practices are held at the Augusta Aquatics Center. Contact Jim Tingen at (706) 726-6805 or email@example.com.
• A 10-week fencing introduction course for ages 9-12 meets for one hour on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. All competitive gear is provided. The course’s emphasis is on fun and exercise, as well as learning how to fence. For registration or additional information, call (706) 722-8878.
• Registration is open for a 10-week fencing introduction class at the Augusta Fencers Club. The class is designed for adults, but mature students as young as 14 can apply. The class meets on Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the club’s facilities. Cost for the course is $150, and all competitive equipment is provided. Call (706) 722-8878 to register or for additional information.
• Gridiron Alumni travels the nation pitting old football rivals against each other, and it is planning several full contact alumni football games. The first 40 players on each team get to play, and the team that gets to 30 players first achieves home field advantage. Games are scheduled for March and April. For more information or to register, visit gridironalumni.com or call Chris Hall at (530) 410-6396.
• Augusta Lacrosse will hold a girls youth lacrosse clinic Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for fourth through eighth graders at Kelley Field in Martinez. Cost is $40 and includes lunch. To register, call Courtney Hatcher at (706) 814-1978.
• Lakeside High School will hold the Panther 5K Challenge to benefit the track and cross country program Feb. 4 at 9 a.m. A half-mile kid’s fun run will follow at 9:40. Registration is at 8 a.m. at the Lakeside High Commons Area. Contact Ken Bowles at (706) 863-6406 or Erin Payne at (706) 910-7091 for more information.
• The 2012 Winter Blast 6v6 Soccer Tournament will be held Saturday and Jan. 29 at Lions Memorial Field in North Augusta. There will be divisions for boys, girls, men, women, coed youth and coed adult teams. Cost is $150 per team. For information, visit csrasoccer.blogspot.com.
• Registration is under way for the Marshall Family Y spring soccer season. Sign-up fee for soccer leagues for ages 5-12 is $55 for Family Y members and $75 for all others. A soccer school for ages 3-4 costs $40 for members or $60 for non-members. Soccer season starts in March. The deadline to register is Jan. 29. Register online at www.thefamilyy.org, or at the Marshall branch at 1202 Town Park Lane in Evans.
• Columbia County spring softball registration begins Monday and runs through Feb. 17 at Patriots Park.
• The Georgia Rockers Fast Pitch Organization will be holding tryouts for their 16-under travel team for the upcoming 2012 season. Players must be 16 years old or younger on Jan. 1, 2012, to be eligible to play. Also, the Georgia Rockers Fast Pitch Organization is looking for a few more players to complete their 12-under travel team. Players must be 12 years old or younger by Jan. 1, 2012, to be eligible to play. For more information, call Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581.
• Georgia Frenzy fast pitch softball is looking for a few girls to round out a 16-and-under team. For more information, contact Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525.
• MACH Academy is looking for volunteers. The academy, which operates out of Fleming Tennis Center in South Augusta, provides year-round programs and services, including academic and tutoring support, computer literacy, nutrition, and fitness and tennis instruction. Call (706) 796-5046 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold a series of skills clinics Sunday afternoons until March 18 at the Augusta Prep gyms for girls in fourth to 11th grades. Cost is $225. For information, go to www.csraheat.com.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp held June 4-8 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Westside High School gym. The camp is open to boys and girls in grades one through eight. The cost is $45 and includes a camp shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call (706) 399-3154 or e-mail email@example.com.