Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• Greenbrier High School will hold its Christmas Clinic for boys in grades 2-8 on Monday and Tuesday. It will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. Instructors will include the program’s coaching staff, coaches from outside the program, and former players. Cost is $75, and $25 for additional siblings. Team rates are available. Fee includes snacks and cold drinks, a T-shirt, and an autograph session with instructors. Call (706) 650-6040, ext. 5807.
• The Grovetown High School Baseball Christmas Camp for grades K-8 will be held Monday and Tuesday on the school’s baseball field. It will run from 9 a.m. until noon. Cost is $40 or $20 for each additional sibling. Call (706) 447-2102, ext. 5833, for more details.
• The Will Avery Basketball Academy Christmas Camp for boys and girls ages 7-15 will be held Monday through Friday at Riverside Middle School in Evans. Each camper will receive a T-shirt, headband, wristband, camp bag and lunch each day. Registration cost is $150. Register at willaveryspringclassic.com.
• The Team Power Basketball Academy’s All-N-One Holiday Basketball Camp will be held Monday through Friday at Patriots Park. The camp for boys and girls ages 4-17 will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost is $90. Register at www.augustapower.org. Contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or email@example.com.
• A 10-week fencing introduction course for ages 9-12 meets for one hour on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. All competitive gear is provided. The course emphasis is on fun and exercise, as well as learning how to fence. For registration or additional information, call (706) 722-8878.
• Registration is now open for a 10-week fencing introduction class at the Augusta Fencers Club. The class is designed for adults, but mature students as young as 14 can apply. The class meets on Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the club’s facilities. Cost for the course is $150, and all competitive equipment is provided. Call (706) 722-8878 to register or for additional information.
• The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association is taking applications for its Christmas tour. Tournaments are scheduled at Jones Creek Golf Club on Monday, Midland Valley Country Club on Tuesday, Forest Hills Golf Club on Thursday, Houndslake Country Club on Dec. 26, Applewood Golf Club on Dec. 27 and Bartram Trail Golf Club on Dec. 29. Entry fees are $25 to play in one event, $45 to play in two events, $65 for three events, $85 for four events, $99 for five events and $115 to play in all six events. Registration is limited to the first 100 to sign up for each event. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 646-5733.
• A multi-sport camp will be held at Athelite Sports Training Academy on Wednesday from 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. for boys and girls in grades 3-8. Local pro and college players will work with kids on fundamentals, speed, agility and athletic development specific to their sport. Ten sports will be represented. Registration is $50 and pre-registration is $40. For more information, call (706) 922-6550.
• The 2012 Winter Blast 6v6 Soccer Tournament will be held Jan. 28-29 at Lions Memorial Field in North Augusta. Cost is $150 per team. For more details, visit csrasoccer.blogspot.com, or call (706) 312-7415.
• Georgia Frenzy fast pitch softball is looking for girls to round out a 16-under team. For a tryout, contact Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525.