• Greenbrier High School will hold its Christmas Clinic for boys in grades 2-8 on Dec. 19-20. It will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. Instructors will include the program’s coaching staff, coaches from outside the program, and former players. Cost is $75, and $25 for additional siblings. Team rates are available. Fee includes snacks and cold drinks, a T-shirt and an autograph session with instructors. Call (706) 650-6040, ext. 5807.
• The Grovetown High School Baseball Christmas Camp for grades K-8 will be held Dec. 19-20 on the school’s baseball field. It will run from 9 a.m. until noon. Cost is $40 or $20 for each additional sibling.Call (706) 447-2102, ext. 5833, for more details.
• The Will Avery Basketball Academy Christmas Camp for boys and girls ages 7-15 will be held Dec. 19-23 at Riverside Middle School in Evans. Each camper will receive a T-shirt, headband, wristband, camp bag and lunch each day. Registration cost is $100 on or before Monday and $150 starting Tuesday. Register at willaveryspringclassic.com.
• The Team Power Basketball Academy’s All-N-One Holiday Basketball Camp will be held Dec. 19-23 at Patriots Park. The camp for boys and girls ages 4-17 will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost is $90. Register online at www.augustapower.org. Contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The AAU 15- to 17-year-old Showtime basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. Contact Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
• The Augusta Boxing Club holds monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month (except holidays), and invites the public to attend. Admission is free. The matches begin at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-7533.
• The CSRA Cobras are holding tryouts for the 2012 season Jan. 14 and Jan. 21 at 10 a.m. Tryouts will be held at Willie Whaley Park in Burnettown. The tryout fee is $55 with shorts and shirts provided. Athletes are required to bring cleats. The age requirement is 18 and up. For more information, call (803) 634-2731 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association is taking applications for its Christmas tour. Tournaments are scheduled at Jones Creek Golf Club on Dec. 19, Midland Valley Country Club on Dec. 20, Forest Hills Golf Club on Dec. 22, Houndslake Country Club on Dec. 26, Applewood Golf Club on Dec. 27 and Bartram Trail Golf Club on Dec. 29. Entry fees are $25 to play in one event, $45 to play in two events, $65 for three events, $85 for four events, $99 for five events and $115 to play in all six events. Registration is limited to the first 100 to sign up for each event. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 646-5733.
• The Kennesaw State University men’s lacrosse team will hold a clinic with the Greenbrier High School boys team for boys in grades 8-12 today at Wesley United Methodist Church. It will run from noon until 4 p.m. The cost is $30. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
• The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Wednesday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Larry Bray Memorial Pitch. New players are welcome. For information, call Allen Raborn at (706) 7884 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Georgia Frenzy fast pitch softball is looking for a few girls to round out a 16-under team. For a private tryout, contact Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525.