• Former pro baseball player Chris Tate will hold a three-session hitting clinic Monday to coincide with the Columbia County school’s student holiday. There are openings in the second session from 12:30-2:30 p.m. and in the third session from 5-7 p.m. Cost is $40. For more information, call Tate at (706) 832-2781.
• A 10-under travel ball team is looking for one to two additional players with pitching experience. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1, 2012. For more information, contact Robert Peel at (706) 836-2520.
• The Augusta Boxing Club holds monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month (except holidays), and invites the public to attend. Admission is free, and the matches begin at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-7533.
• The fifth annual Columbia County Junior Golf Championships will be held today-Monday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. The event is free for Columbia County children ages 6-18. All ability levels, from beginner to varsity high school players, are welcome. Sponsorship opportunities are available. To sign up or for more information, call (706) 210-4681.
• The 17th annual E-Z-Go Golf Classic will be held Monday at The Reserve Club at Woodside Plantation in Aiken. Registration deadline is Thursday. Check-in time on the day of the tournament begins at 9:30 a.m., with a shotgun start at 11. Hole sponsorships are available for $300 and team sponsorships are $800. The event will benefit The First Tee of Aiken and the Boys and Girls Clubs of the CSRA. For more information, call Tricia Cooper at (706) 796-4566 or Elizabeth Smart at The First Tee of Aiken at (803) 226-0053.
• The 18th annual Yancey Mental Health Golf Tournament will be held Monday at The River Golf Club in North Augusta. Registration cost is $150 per person. For more information, visit bertyanceytournament.org.
• The first annual Media-ocrity Golf Challenge for Kids will be held from 8:30-11 a.m. Tuesday at The River Club in North Augusta. Michael Ryan, editorial page editor for The Augusta Chronicle, and Austin Rhodes, WGAC talk show host, will face off in a 9-hole match. Proceeds from the event will benefit Child Enrichment of Augusta and Project Rescue of Amazon Youth. Each gift of $250 will get you one ticket to be in the gallery and win prizes at each hole, and also be entered into a drawing to win the grand prize, a week’s lodging in St. Maarten in the Caribbean. For more information, call Ryan at (706) 823-3366.
• The Great Strides “Fore” Cystic Fibrosis Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 28 at Forest Hills Golf Club. The event will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For more information, visit georgia.cff.org/greatstridesforecf or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The fourth annual First Tee of Augusta Classic featuring the Mercedes-Benz of Augusta Dealer Championship will be held Oct. 31 at West Lake Country Club. Each foursome will be paired with a Junior from the First Tee of Augusta. Check-in time begins at 10 a.m., with lunch at noon followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Hole sponsorships are available for $250 and team sponsorships are $1400 per foursome. The registration deadline is Oct. 21. For more information, call Jill Brown at The First Tee of Augusta at (706) 364-4653 or email@example.com.
• The Augusta Sports Council will host the second annual Golfing for G.A.M.E.S. Scholarship Tournament on Nov. 7 at 12:30 p.m. at Forest Hills Golf Club. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the ASC’s Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports Awards program. Tournament entry fees are $125 per player or $450 a team for ASC members and $150 per player or $575 a team for nonmembers. The tournament package includes lunch, range balls, cart, tournament contest, dinner and awards. Hole sponsorships are available. For more information, contact the Augusta Sports Council at (706) 722-8326 ext. 231.
• A kickball tournament will be held Monday through Thursday at Diamond Lakes Regional Park. Cost is free. Signup is required in order to play. To register or for more information, call (706) 771-2980.
• Augusta Lacrosse is sponsoring a Girls 7 vs. 7 Fall Lacrosse League. It is open to all players in grades 8-12. The league will run through Nov. 12, with play on Wednesdays from 3:30-5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. until noon. Kelley Field off Old Petersburg Road will be used. The cost is $75 per player, which includes a league T-shirt and membership to U.S. Lacrosse. Each player will need a lacrosse stick, goggles and a mouth guard. Call Coach Leszczynski at (706) 799-9287 or Coach Hatcher at (706) 814-1978.
• The Soul City Sirens, an all-women Augusta roller derby team, will be hosting a Derby or Bust silent art auction at 6 p.m. Friday at Sky City. Proceeds from the event will benefit breast cancer research. For more information on the event, visit the event page on Facebook or call Lindsey Rivers at (706) 631-4889
• The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Larry Bray Memorial Pitch. New players are welcome. For information, call Allen Raborn at (706) 7884 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The third annual WSI River Run for United Way will be held on Oct. 22 at Riverview Park in North Augusta. All proceeds will be donated to United Way. For more information, visit wsiriverrun.org.
• The Georgia Rockers Fast Pitch Organization will be holding tryouts for their 16-Under travel team for the upcoming 2012 season. Players must be 16 years old or younger on Jan. 1, 2012, to be eligible to play. Also, the Georgia Rockers Fast Pitch Organization is looking for a few more players to complete their 12-Under travel team. Players must be 12 years old or younger by Jan. 1, 2012, to be eligible to play. For more information, call Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581.
• The Augusta Diving Club is training any high school students who want to dive for their high school’s swimming and diving team. No experience is necessary. The season starts in mid-October and runs through mid-February for those qualifying for State. All practices are at the Augusta Aquatics Center. For more information, contact Coach Jim Tingen at (706) 726-6805 or email@example.com.