Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The She Go Hard AAU Super Regional Championship National Qualifier for girls 9U-17U will be held May 20-22 at PQSports in Augusta. Fee is $300. The qualifier is open to girls in third through 11th grade. Deadline is May 16. For more information, call Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit pqsports.net.
- Augusta Christian will hold a co-ed basketball camp for second- and third-graders May 25-27 . The cost is $50. The camp will run from 9-11 a.m. For more information, contact Marty Griffin at email@example.com.
- The 18th annual Paul Anderson Golf Classic will be held Monday at The River Golf Club in North Augusta. Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Paul Anderson Youth Home. Registration and breakfast is at 7:30 a.m., and the tournament starts at 8:30 a.m. The tournament is a four-person scramble. For more information, call (912) 537-7237 or visit payhgolf.com.
- The third annual East Georgia Classic golf tournament will be held Monday at 12:30 p.m. at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The entry fee is $75 per player. For more information, call (706) 595-2562.
- The seventh annual Spring Golf Classic will be held Wednesday at Bartram Trail Golf Club. Cost is $65 per player or $260 per team. Practice begins at 10 a.m., followed by lunch, with the tournament starting at noon. All proceeds benefit the Jenny Clark Scholarship Memorial Fund. The format is Lauderdale. For more information, contact Shelby Nadolsky at (706) 495-5988 or GolfClassic2011@ gmail.com.
- The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour, in alliance with the Augusta Junior Golf Tour, will play host to an official rules session and putting contest from 2 to 4 p.m. on Friday at Bartram Trail Golf Club as part of the Augusta Golf Instruction Junior Classic. Participation is free. The official rules session will be held at 2 p.m., followed by the putting and chipping contest at 3. For more information, visit hjgt.org or augustajuniorgolftour.com.
- The Marshall Family Y Summer Camp for ages 5-12 will run from May 23 through Aug. 5 at Wesley United Methodist. An open house will be held May 19 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist for those interested. Each week will have a different theme. The cost is $85 per week for Family Y members or $110 per week for non- members. Signup is available online through www.thefamily.org or at the Marshall Branch. For more information, contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Track and Field
- Greenbrier High School will hold a pole vaulting camp May 24-26 from 6-7 p.m. at the school's stadium. The cost is $20. The deadline for registration is Friday. For more information, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 691-3705.
- Augusta Christian will hold a speed training camp for grades 6-12 on June 6-9 . The cost is $80 for Augusta Christian students or $90 for others. The camp will run from 6-8 p.m. daily. For more information, contact Marty Griffin at email@example.com.