Gonzalez, Infante to return to Braves
The Atlanta Braves exercised their 2011 options on infielders Alex Gonzalez and Omar Infante and reached a one-year deal Tuesday with right-hander Scott Proctor .
The team also declined options on outfielder Rick Ankiel and right-hander Kyle Farnsworth .
- A person familiar with the Florida Marlins' managerial search says Edwin Rodriguez will keep the job next season.
- The Milwaukee Brewers have hired Ron Roenicke , the Los Angeles Angels' bench coach, to be their new manager.
Lady Jaguars finish fourth in fall finale
In Austin, Texas, Augusta State closed out the fall portion of its 2010-11 schedule by finishing fourth in the Challenge at Onion Creek.
On a difficult scoring day, the Lady Jaguars shot 33-over-par 313 to finish at 55-over 895.
Iowa State had a final round 309 to finish at 884 and win by three over Arkansas Little Rock.
Augusta State was led by Kirsty Rands and Casey Kennedy with final-round 76s. Natalie Wille had 80, Marit Bjerke had 81 and Christine Duschek-Hansen had a non-counting 82.
- The defending national champion Augusta State men's team is ranked third in the latest Golf World /Nike Golf Coaches Poll.
USC Aiken ousted from tournament
In Morrow, Ga., USC Aiken's season came to a close with a 3-0 loss to No. 4 Clayton State in the opening round of the Peach Belt Tournament. The Pacers finish the season at 2-11-2.
- The Pacers' Chijioke Agbasi has been named to the CoSIDA/ESPN All-Academic District III College Division soccer team.
- Madeline Fellabom , of the USC Aiken women's team, has been named Peach Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Week.
Women's College Basketball
Tigers coach takes a leave of absence
Clemson first-year women's basketball coach Itoro Coleman is stepping away from the team for the birth of her third child.
The former Hephzibah basketball star's due date is Nov. 10, two days before the Lady Tigers open the season against UNC Greensboro.
- Connecticut's Maya Moore is the second player to be a two-time unanimous choice on The Associated Press' women's basketball preseason All-America team.
Brittney Griner , of Baylor; Nnemkadi Ogwumike , of Stanford; Jantel Lavender , of Ohio State; and Danielle Robinson , of Oklahoma, also made the team.
Columbus, Garon shut out Montreal
In Columbus, Ohio, Mathieu Garon stopped 29 shots for his 17th career shutout as Columbus beat Montreal 3-0.
- In Toronto, Sergei Gonchar and Erik Karlsson scored power-play goals just more than 2 minutes apart to lead Ottawa.