UGA-Tennessee TV time set

The Georgia-Tennessee football game Oct. 9 in Athens, Ga., will be televised by the SEC Network with kickoff set for 12:21 p.m. ET.

The game will be Georgia's second appearance on the SEC network this season.  Georgia's Sept. 4 season opener with Louisiana-Lafayette was also on the SEC Network.

Announcers for the game will be Dave Neal (play-by-play), Andre Ware (color analyst), and Cara Capuano (sideline).

DowntownJaguar
DowntownJaguar 09/27/10 - 02:13 pm
It is time for Mark Richt to

It is time for Mark Richt to step down; unfortunately his buyout is too expensive to fire him. Regardless, he should be canned. I fully expect the university to keep him another year or two too long like it did with Ray Goof.

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 09/27/10 - 03:14 pm
DTJ, I tend to agree with

DTJ, I tend to agree with you, and I have definitely pushed the PANIC button. Any ideas on who UGA could attract for a Head Coaching job if Richt were to resign? Heard any rumors?

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 09/27/10 - 03:42 pm
You guys are jumping the gun.

You guys are jumping the gun. No way do they let Richt go...yet. First of all, it would cost the school MILLIONS of dollars to fire him. Secondly, guys like him don't come along too often...and I'm talking the type of guy that the public loves because of his character and faith. Now, those traits will only get him so far, and he hasn't gotten the program to that point yet. Thirdly, you HAVE to think like the school president and the new athletic director. If you look at Richt's OVERALL record (not the past 2 years), he's not bad at all. If you were to look at any of the successful coaches in the history of college football, you would see each one had had several stretches where they had tough seasons, if not losing seasons. I will tell you right now what's going to happen in Athens...Mike Bobo will either be demoted to QB coach now, with Richt taking over signal calling, or he'll be fired at the end of the season...and they'll let go a couple of the offensive coaches as well. Van Halanger and his staff for strength and conditioning will be gone, either before or at the end of the season. I hate that this is going on right now at Georgia! We stink this season, and I'm sure all the other teams in the SEC, and Georgia Yech, are just licking their chops...and I can't blame them.

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 09/27/10 - 04:39 pm
JMO, the last thing I want to

JMO, the last thing I want to do is jump the gun. I have a lot of respect for CMR. I don't necessarily think that CMR has to go now, but I am interested in the conversation and could be persuaded. It's not enough to be a great guy. So, everyone, What's the worst result for this season where CMR could still keep his job? What is the absolute worst UGA could do without costing CMR his position?

Hatfield0278
Hatfield0278 09/27/10 - 04:51 pm
I just asked my colleague and

I just asked my colleague and he says CMR could lose the rest of this year's games and still be head coach next year at UGA

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 09/27/10 - 07:24 pm
I agree with that...hope it

I agree with that...hope it doesn't happen, but I agree. Remember a few years ago with Lou Holtz at Carolina? His team went winless, but he was kept on. All successful coaches have terrible seasons now and then. What makes them successful is how they respond. We will all see how Richt responds. And believe me, it's not just the Georgia fans who are watching...there's plenty of other schools who would LOVE to have him as their coach.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...