What will Tiger Woods say?

Tiger Woods will break his silence today with his first public comments since his post-Thanksgiving accident.

What do you think Tiger will say?

Here are three possible scenarios:

1) Tiger announces he will return to competitive golf in March and will play in the Masters Tournament?

Pro: Tiger lives for golf and winning majors, and getting back to what he does best is the best thing he can do.

Con: It's too soon, and he still needs to focus on healing his marriage.

2) Tiger says he is not quite ready to come back yet and will resume playing later this year.

Pro: Tiger is probably rusty from his layoff, and needs more time to hone his game.

Con: Tiger has resumed from long breaks before and won right out of the gate. Delaying his comeback just leads to more speculation.

3) Tiger says he really wants to make amends and will sit out all of 2010.

Pro: Tiger gains sympathy from public for staying away and, presumably, working on his damaged relationships.

Con: Three of the four majors are at venues (Augusta National, Pebble Beach and St. Andrews) where Woods has had tremendous success. Sitting those out would put a damper on his quest to overtake Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors.

dani
dani 02/18/10 - 01:53 pm
I hope he says he is ready to

I hope he says he is ready to return to the circuit and will play in the Master's Golf
Tournament this year. That is all we need to know. Put the other to bed. Done and dusted.

Iknowjack
Iknowjack 02/18/10 - 04:11 pm
All of the off course news is

All of the off course news is old and has been beaten more than any dead horse has. I am sure he will announce the he will play in the private golf tournament at Islesworth, then play here in April. He would not want to lay out of a major event where he has had such success.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 02/19/10 - 08:30 am
He'll say the same thing

He'll say the same thing others have said in a similar situation: 1) I have wronged my family, and I apologize (translation: I'm sorry I got caught); 2) I have an addiction (translation: I refuse to accept personal accountability for my action; it's really not my fault). 3) It's time to put this behind me (translation: I'm sick of the media prying into my problems and destroying my image and marketability); 4) I just want to play golf (translation: I'm ready to make more money).

Fish Out of Water
Fish Out of Water 02/19/10 - 09:17 am
Who cares?

Who cares?

storiesihaveread
storiesihaveread 02/19/10 - 10:27 am
I agree with fish who cares??

I agree with fish who cares??

b1
b1 02/19/10 - 10:41 am
This is all a political

This is all a political stunt. Taking no questions shows the arrogance in him. He may surprise me but i believe this to be the same old s#%& coming from his mouth.

Chillen
Chillen 02/19/10 - 11:02 am
Frankly my dear, I don't give

Frankly my dear, I don't give a darn!

fontana
fontana 02/19/10 - 11:06 am
Pants Down, Pants Down, I

Pants Down, Pants Down, I fooled around & got caught with my Pants Down!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/19/10 - 11:09 am
HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE

HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE QUESTIONS...they have a had a field day on this... $$$ made because of his deeds... Go Tiger ...play golf & ignore the ????? The media is quilty too...wanting MORE..MORE..MORE never enough.. Maybe when he's 80 he won't be so attractive to the media..

iletuknow