Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
l Masters City Little League is holding registration for fall baseball for ages 4-16 through Aug. 12. Cost is $50. For more information, call Robbie Silas at (706) 840-0680.
- The Martinez-Evans Little League will hold registration from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 27 at Dick's Sporting Goods at Augusta Mall. League members will receive baseball/softball specific discounts, snacks and raffle prizes. For more information, visit mellbaseball.org.
- The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Christenberry Fieldhouse. Cost is $150. The director is Metress, head men's basketball coach at Augusta State University. The camp is open to all boys and girls from first through 11th grade. The cost of the camp includes a T-shirt and lunch. For more information, contact Metress at (706) 667-4765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Team Power Basketball Academy -- All-In-One Summer Basketball Camp -- will be held Monday through Friday at Patriots Park from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $90. The camp is open to all boys and girls ages 4-17. The cost of the camp includes a T-shirt and lunch. For more information, contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or at email@example.com. Register online at www.augustapower.org.
- The Augusta Boxing Club holds monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month (except holidays), and invites the public to attend. Admission is free. The matches begin at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-7533.
- The Augusta Diving Club offers springboard diving lessons, coaching and training to students ages 8-18, in preparation for the Georgia high school competitive diving season. For more information, call (706) 726-6805.
- The Academy of Richmond County will hold "An Evening with Champions" on Sept. 2 prior to its home opener against Greenbrier. Festivities will start at 6 p.m. in the Richmond Academy Media Center with a reception for the Musketeers of the 1950s, winners of 15 state championships. All alumni, especially those of the 1950s and 60s, are encouraged to attend. Admission is free. For more information, contact (706) 737-7152.
l The Aiken-Edgefield District of the South Carolina Football Officials Association is seeking new football officials for high school, middle school and youth football. Training is provided. For more information, call Ron Paul at (803) 221-9218 or Clarence Allen at (803) 226-0124.
- The First Tee of Aiken will hold Summer Classes and Camps for ages 5-18 Tuesday through Friday . Scholarships are available for all and children of active duty military, guardsmen and reservists can enroll in classes free of charge. For more information, call (803) 226-0053 or visit thefirstteeaiken.org.
- The Men Making a Difference organization will hold its sixth annual golf tournament Aug. 13 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course, Fort Gordon. The fund-raising tournament will support MMAD in its efforts to assist at-risk youths within the CSRA. Sponsorships are available at $150 per hole. Cost is $45 each for Gordon Lakes members and $55 each for nonmembers. Format is Lauderdale. Fee includes cart, greens fees, range balls and lunch. Donations and contributions must be received by Monday, and should be sent to Men Making a Difference, Attn: Golf Tournament, PO Box 5565 Augusta GA. 30916. For more information, contact Willie C. Williams Sr. at (706) 627-3234 or (706) 791-3007.
- The 2011 Paine College Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 29 at Jones Creek Golf Club. Format is threesome Lauderdale play, Captain's Choice. The registration deadline is Aug. 12. Registration fee is $125 per individual and $375 per team, and includes green fee, golf cart, brunch, beverages and the awards reception. Registration at the club will take place from 8:30-10:30 a.m., with a shotgun start taking place at 11 a.m. The 19th Hole Awards Dinner will be held at 5 p.m. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 821-8233. On event day call (706) 564-3717.
- The 18th annual Border Bash Bulldog/Gamecock Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 9 at The River Golf Club. The tournament will consist of four-man teams and will be played in the Lauderdale format. A shotgun start will be held at 12:15 p.m. Cost is $380, and is limited to the first 30 teams. Entry forms can be picked up at The River Golf Club. For more information, call The River Golf Club at (803) 202-0110.
- The 13th annual Celebrity Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 9 at Midland Valley Golf Club. Registration will be held at 8:30 p.m., with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. A meet the celebrities event will be held on Sept. 8 with cajun dinner and a silent auction. The entry fee for the tournament is $100 per player and includes a round of golf with a celebrity, cart, beverages, lunch, awards, and a ticket to Thursday night's event. Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Jeff Jenik at (803) 641-3258 or email@example.com, or Toni Marshall at (803) 593-9954 ext. 1201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The second annual City of Aiken Amateur Championship will be held Sept. 10-11 at Aiken Golf Club. Tee times begin at 8:30 a.m. Format is individual stroke play. Divisions include regular for men ages 15-54, senior for men ages 55-64, super senior for men ages 65 and up and all ages for ladies. Players have the option of choosing to play in a younger division. Players will be flighted after the first round based on their score. Cost is $80 and includes cart both days, lunch Sunday and prize money. All participants are entitled to one practice round the week of the championship. Registration and payment are due by Sept. 1. For more information, visit aikengolfclub.com/news.php.
- The Junior League of Augusta's seventh annual golf tournament will be held Sept. 30 , at Jones Creek Golf Club. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Lunch provided by Checkers will be served prior to the start of the tournament. A live auction and buffet dinner will be held at Jones Creek Club following the tournament from 7-9 p.m. and will feature musical entertainment and dinner provided by Fatz Cafe. Cost to participate is $500 per foursome. For sponsorship and team information, call the Junior League office at (706) 736-0033.
- The Fall Classic Golf Tournament, benefitting the nonprofit organization 100 Black Men of Augusta, will be held Oct. 8 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course at Fort Gordon. Format is modified Lauderdale with four-person teams. The tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $75 per player and includes greens fee, cart and lunch. Hole sponsorships are $250 each. For more information, contact Randy Frails at (706) 855-6715, (706) 294-2050, or email@example.com.
- The Marshall Family Y Summer Camp for ages 5-12 will run through Friday at Wesley United Methodist. The cost is $85 for Family Y members or $110 for nonmembers. Signup is available online through www.thefamily.org or at the front desk of the Marshall Branch. For more information, contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold 2011 fall sports registration through Friday . People can register at the Patriots Park office from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday. Available sports include football for ages 6-12, softball for ages 7-11, soccer for ages 5-18, and baseball for ages 7-15. For more information, call (706) 863-7523 or visit columbiacountyga.gov.
- The Augusta Sports Council is seeking volunteers for the upcoming ESi Ironman 70.3 triathlon on Sept. 25 . More than 1,200 volunteers will be needed for the event, according to event organizers. Opportunities to help will begin midweek prior to the race, and conclude Sunday evening. Duties range from registration and venue set-up to finish line support and athlete hospitality. The Sports Council is encouraging civic, church, school and sports groups to participate. For more information, call (706) 722-8326 ext. 231 or register online at ironmanaugusta.com.
- The Augusta Arsenal Soccer Club is looking for additional players for its U-13 Blue boys team. Eligible players can not have reached the age of 13 before Aug. 1. Call the Arsenal at (706) 854-0149, Kevin O'Kula at (706) 726-0488 or e-mail email@example.com.
- A 6v6 Coed Soccer Tournament will be held Aug. 19-20 at Patriots Park. All players must be 18 or older. Cost is $25 per player, and includes at least three games and a T-shirt. Games will be held during evening hours and teams will be randomly drawn. For more information, visit aaslsoccer.com.
- Aiken Technical College will hold a girls softball camp Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the school's softball field. Girls ages 8-16 are welcome to participate. Cost is $75. Aiken Tech players and coaches will teach fast-pitch techniques, catching, positional play, hitting and base-running. Water activities are also planned to help cool off. Transportation must be provided to and from the field each day. For more information on how to register for the camp, contact Aiken Tech head coach Mitch Smith at (803) 292-9659 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Aiken Tech assistant softball coach Jessica Strickland at (843) 412-1885.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of the CSRA Tennis Classic and Pete May Challenge will be held Aug. 26-28 at the Club at Rae's Creek. The tennis classic is a fund-raiser for local Boys & Girls Clubs. The winner and finalist of each division will be entered into a drawing to win a six-month membership to the Club at Rae's Creek. In addition to the tennis classic, Pete May will challenge any participant to a sudden- death tournament of ping-pong, one match of tennis and one round of disc golf putting. With 13 courts and 12 divisions in play, the tournament can play host to 100 participants. Deadline to register is Aug. 21. For additional information, go to active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1972943.