Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● Baseball Scoutz Gold will hold 14U tryouts Saturday for the upcoming season. Players cannot have turned 14 before May 1, 2013. For more information, call Van Dixon at (706) 830-2806.
● The Omega Psi Phi Annual Amateur Golf Scholarship Tournament will be held Aug. 23 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. Cost is $75 per person and includes green fees, lunch, beverages, awards and prizes. For more information, contact Marcus Brinson at (706) 951-4113 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The 20th annual Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 6 at The River Golf Club. Cost of the four-man team lauderdale format event is $380. Entry forms are available at the club.
● The Second Annual Doug Wilhelm Memorial Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 13 at Aiken Golf Club. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. with tee off set for 9. Cost is $500 for a team of four. A team of four and hole sponsorship is $650. Breakfast, lunch and a light dinner will be provided. A beverage cart will provide beverages at no additional cost. For more information, call Nicole Simmons at (803) 507-6201 or Kevin Wilhelm at (803) 634-0157.
● The Palmetto Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at Palmetto Golf Club on Sept. 17. The format will be a four-person captain’s choice (scramble). Tee times can be made by calling (803) 641-3406 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Entry fee is $100 per person, which includes green fees, cart, range balls, bag lunch, social, dinner and participation gift.
● Augusta Lacrosse will hold a girls 7-on-7 fall league at Kelley Baseball Park from Sept. 11-Nov. 9. Games will be on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-noon. Players must be in grades 8-12. No experience is needed but players must have their own equipment. Cost is $75 for home league play only and $100 for travel tournaments. For information, contact Mark Leszczynski at (706) 799-9287.
● Georgia Regents University and the Augusta GreenJackets will hold the inaugural GRU Run for the GreenJackets at 8 a.m. Saturday. The 5K event, which is a fund-raiser for the GRU cross country teams, will start and finish at Lake Olmstead Stadium. Cost is $25 plus a $2.50 sign-up fee. Registration ends on Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. Entry fee includes a ticket to that night’s GreenJackets game as well as a visor. You can register online at https://runsignup.com/Race/GA/Augusta/GRUrunfortheGreenJackets. For more information, contact Bill Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Adam Ward at email@example.com.
● The Georgia Rockers Fastpitch Organization will hold tryouts for the 2013-14 season Saturday and Aug. 18 at Patriots Park. For more information, contact Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Greater Augusta Swimming will hold tryouts Tuesday through Thursday at the Augusta Aquatics Center. Tryouts for ages 10 and younger will be 5-5:45 p.m. and 6-6:45 for those 11 and older. Attendance all three days is required to ensure a fair opportunity for coaches to help make the correct placement decisions. Call (864) 333-2939 for more information.