Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
● The 10-under Georgia Lightning are looking for players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 11 years old before May 1, 2013. For more information, call Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
● Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-13 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. For more information, call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
● An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to before May 1, 2013. For more details, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
● A 13-under travel team is looking for players. The players must be 13 or younger before May 1, 2013. For more information or to schedule a tryout, call Jason Perry at (706) 399-6474.
● The Will Avery Christmas and New Year’s Camps will be held Dec. 26-28 and Jan. 2-4 at Patriots Park. The camps are for ages 6-14. Early registration for one camp is $75 before Dec. 1 and $100 after that date. Early registration for both camps is $125 before Dec. 1. To register, visit player360local.com.
● The Georgia Pirates are seeking coaches, players and cheerleaders for their minor football league team. For information, contact Robert Jenkins Sr. at (706) 829-2140 or email@example.com.
● The Turkey 100 will be held Thursday-Saturday at Swainsboro Raceway. The event is headlined by Crate Late Model racing, which features a $20,000 prize. Several more events will run, including the Sunoco Super Street, featuring a $1,000 prize. Gates open at 4 p.m. on Thursday and noon on Friday and Saturday with feature racing being held Saturday. General admission for that day is $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 6-11 and free for children 6 and younger.
● The MS Run the US 2013 Relay, scheduled for April 16-Sept. 17 and divided into 22 segments, is seeking 14 running partners to take part in each leg of the coast-to-coast run. Each segment covers approximately 140 miles of running over the course of six days. All proceeds raised support multiple sclerosis research. To apply, visit msruntheus.com.
● A fastpitch softball instructional camp will be held Monday and Tuesday at Complete Game LLC Baseball & Softball Training Facility. Players in grades 4-8 will participate from 9 a.m.-noon each day, while grades 9-12 participate from 1-4 p.m. Cost is $65 for each day or $95 for both days. For information, call Matt Childers at (706) 412-9757.
● The CSRA Force girls fast-pitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under for next year’s teams. For information, Contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.
● Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball is looking for girls to round out the 16-under roster. For more information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
● Crushers girls fastpitch is looking for players for the 2013 14-under travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. For more details, call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.