Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-13 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. Call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to May 1, 2013. For information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The PQSports CSRA Fall League will run Saturday-Oct. 20. Games will be played Saturdays from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. at assigned gyms in the area. Registration runs until Monday, and the cost is $99 for individuals or $350 for a team. The league is for boys and girls in grade divisions ranging from third through 12th. For information, contact Gregory Williams at (706) 533-6852 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Phenom 150 Boys Basketball Exposure Camp will be held Oct. 13-14 at Augusta Prep. The camp is for rising ninth through 12th graders looking to play basketball at the college level. The cost is $199. For information, contact William Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit phenomamerica.com. Register at sportssignup.com/phenom-ga-atlanta-online-registration.start.
• The NWTF Bass Bonanza Fishing Tournament will be held Sept. 22 at Wildwood Park. Pre-registration will take place Sept. 20 from 5-7 p.m. at the Walmart on Bobby Jones Expressway. Entry fee is $100 per team of two and $10 per team to enter the biggest bass competition. A $5,000 prize is guaranteed for first place. For information, contact Rhett Simmons at (803) 637-3106 or email@example.com.
• Join the Aiken-Edgefield district of the South Carolina Football Officials Association to learn the rules and mechanics of officiating football, including high school, middle school and youth league. To receive instruction and training sessions, contact Melvin McGrier at (803) 215-0062 or Steve Hook at (803) 649-3477.
• The Deputy J.D. Paugh Memorial Foundation Golf Tournament will be held Sept. 24 at West Lake Country Club. All proceeds benefit law enforcement throughout the CSRA. Tournament and entry information can be found by calling Greg Smith at (706) 831-8702, Tim Cieniewicz at (706) 840-2900 or at deputyjdpaughmemorial.com.
• The 16th annual Augusta Prep Golf Classic will be held Oct. 1 at Belle Meade Country Club. The deadline to register is Sept. 24. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For cost information or to register, visit augustaprep.org/golfclassic.
• The Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 5 at The River Golf Club. Tournament format is four-man team Lauderdale and costs $380 per team. Entry forms can be picked up at The River Golf Club.
• The Men Making a Difference Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 7 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The format is 18-hole, four-person Lauderdale. The entry fee is $45 for Gordon Lakes members and $55 for non-members. For information or to register, contact Willie Williams at (706) 791-3007 or (706) 627-3234; Willie J. Battle at (706) 592-2280 or (706) 231-2007; or Albert Bonaparte at (706) 860-5471.
• The Augusta State Birdie Club Jaguar Golf Scramble will be held Sept. 14 at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team, with a team consisting of four amateurs and one current or former Augusta State player or coach. For information, contact Sarah Mooney at (706) 733-0001 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Augusta Lacrosse Girls Fall 7v7 League is offered for players in grades 8-12 who have their own equipment. The league will play Sept. 19-Nov. 10 on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-noon. The cost is $75 per player. For information, contact Mark Leszczynski at (706) 799-9287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Bird Dog Breakaway 5K Run and 2-mile Walk will be held Sept. 29 at 8 a.m. at Waynesboro City Park. The race benefits the Center for New Beginnings, a ministry for special needs children in five counties. There will also be a Derby Dash 1-mile run for children 6-12 years old and a 50-yard Pup Trot for children 5 and under. Register at active.com. For information, visit birddogbreakaway.com or nbeginnings.org, or call (706) 437-0505.
• The Georgia Sports Hall of Fame is calling for nominations of individuals, living or deceased, who will be considered for induction into the hall of fame. Categories are athlete, coach/manager, contributor, senior or multi-sport/combination. Nominations must be submitted on forms provided by the hall of fame and obtained by calling (478) 752-1585 or e-mail Ben Sapp at email@example.com. Forms must be sent to Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, P.O. Box 4644, Macon, GA 31208.
• The Bulls Soccer Club is looking for a few additional players in 10-11-year-old girls, 13-14-year-old boys and 17-18-year-old boys. For information, contact Andrew Hammer at (706) 399-4080, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ga-scbulls.com.
• The Knights of Columbus Council 14773 Soccer Challenge will be held Saturday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Patriots Park. The event is a goal-shooting competition for children 10-14 years old. Winners advance to district-level competition. For information, contact Dennis Leanhart at (706) 830-4867 or email@example.com.
• Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball is looking for girls to round out the 16-under roster. For information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• The CSRA Force girls fast-pitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under to make up next year’s teams. For information, contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.