Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• Martinez-Evans Little League will hold baseball signups Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Dick’s Sporting Goods in the Augusta Mall. Registration is also online at mell.org. Ages are 4-14 and the age control date is May 1, 2013.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to May 1, 2013. For information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-2013 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. Call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• The PQSports CSRA Fall League will run Sept. 8-Oct. 20. Games will be played Saturdays from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. at assigned gyms in the area. Registration runs until Sept. 3, and the cost is $99 for individuals or $350 for a team. The league is for boys and girls in grade divisions ranging from third through 12th. For information, contact Gregory Williams at (706) 533-6852 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The North Augusta Fishing Team is holding a meeting Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at Vinny’s Pizzeria to provide information about tryouts and the team’s plans for the year. The team is open to all in grades 6-12 in the area. For information, contact Jeanine Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The NWTF Bass Bonanza Fishing Tournament will be held Sept. 22 at Wildwood Park. Pre-registration will take place Sept. 20 from 5-7 p.m. at the Walmart on Bobby Jones Expressway. Entry fee is $100 per team of two and $10 per team to enter the biggest bass competition. A $5,000 prize is guaranteed for first place. For information, contact Rhett Simmons at (803) 637-3106 or email@example.com.
• The Aiken County Gamecock Club Kickoff Party will be held Thursday from 6-9 p.m. at the Aiken County Shrine Club. Admission is free and the event will include Cocky, the USC cheerleaders, and the SEC East and baseball national championship trophies.
• Join the Aiken-Edgefield district of the South Carolina Football Officials Association to learn the rules and mechanics of officiating football, including high school, middle school and youth league play this season. To receive instruction and training sessions in order to become an official, contact Melvin McGrier at (803) 215-0062 or Steve Hook at (803) 649-3477.
• The Augusta State Birdie Club Jaguar Golf Scramble will be held Sept. 14 at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team, with a team consisting of four amateurs and one current or former Augusta State player or coach. For information, contact Sarah Mooney at (706) 733-0001 or e-mail smooney@theforesthills golfcourse.com.
• The 16th annual Augusta Prep Golf Classic will be held Oct. 1 at Belle Meade Country Club. The deadline to register is Sept. 24. For information, e-mail development@augusta prep.org. For cost information or to register, visit augustaprep.org/golfclassic.
• The Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 5 at The River Golf Club. Tournament format is four-man team Lauderdale and costs $380 per team. Entry forms can be picked up at The River Golf Club.
• The 17th annual JDLH School Alumni Association Open Golf Tournament will be held Saturday at Savannah Lakes’ Monticello course. Registration begins at noon and is $70 per player, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. For information, call Coleen Starling at (864) 391-0493.
• The Paine College Golf Tournament will be held at 11 a.m. Aug. 27 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The tournament format is threesome Lauderdale play, captain’s choice. For more information, call (706) 821-8233 or (706) 564-3717, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Bird Dog Breakaway 5K Run and 2-mile Walk will be held Sept. 29 at 8 a.m. at Waynesboro City Park. The race benefits the Center for New Beginnings, a ministry to special needs children in five counties. There will also be a Derby Dash 1-mile Run for children 6-12 years old and a 50-yard Pup Trot for children 5 and under. Register at active.com. For information, visit birddogbreakaway.com or nbeginnings.org, or call (706) 437-0505.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department’s fall adult athletic registration for softball and flag football will be held in August. Registration will be at Diamond Lakes Adult Athletic Office and Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Administrative Office. For details, contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or Bobby Martin at (706) 796-5025.
• The Georgia Sports Hall of Fame is calling for nominations of individuals, living or deceased, who will be considered for induction into the hall of fame. Categories are athlete, coach/manager, contributor, senior or multi-sport/combination. Nominations must be submitted on forms provided by the hall of fame and obtained by calling (478) 752-1585 or e-mail Ben Sapp at email@example.com. Forms must be sent to Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, P.O. Box 4644, Macon, GA 31208.
• The Bulls Soccer Club is looking for a few additional players in 10-11-year-old girls, 13-14-year-old boys and 17-18-year-old boys. For information, contact Andrew Hammer at (706) 399-4080, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ga-scbulls.com.
• The Knights of Columbus Council 14773 Soccer Challenge will be held Sept. 8 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Patriots Park. The event is a goal-shooting competition for children 10-14 years old. Winners advance to district-level competition. For information, contact Dennis Leanhart at (706) 830-4867 or email@example.com.
• The Georgia Rockers fast-pitch organization will hold tryouts for the 14-under travel team for the 2013 season. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. Tryouts will be at 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 26 at Patriots Park. For information, contact Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581.
• The CSRA Force girls fast-pitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under to make up next year’s teams. For information, contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.