Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• An 8-under machine pitch travel team is seeking players for the upcoming season. Players must be 8 or younger prior to May 1, 2013. For information, contact Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• Palmetto Xtreme is looking to fill its current roster for the 2012-2013 USSSA season. Players must not turn 11 years old by April 30, 2013. Call Josh Fields at (803) 508-0429.
• The PQSports CSRA Fall League will run Sept. 8-Oct. 20. Games are played Saturdays from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. at assigned gyms in the area. Registration runs until Sept. 3, and the cost is $99 for individuals or $350 for a team. The league is for boys and girls in grade divisions ranging from third through 12th. For information, contact Gregory Williams at (706) 533-6852 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Join the Aiken-Edgefield district of the South Carolina Football Officials Association to learn the rules and mechanics of officiating football, including high school, middle school and youth league play this season. To receive instruction and training sessions in order to become an official, contact Melvin McGrier at (803) 215-0062 or Steve Hook at (803) 649-3477.
• The Augusta State Birdie Club Jaguar Golf Scramble will be held Sept. 14 at Forest Hills Golf Club. The cost is $125 per player or $500 per team, with a team consisting of four amateurs and one current or former Augusta State player or coach. For information, contact Sarah Mooney at (706) 733-0001 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 16th annual Augusta Prep Golf Classic will be held Oct. 1 at Belle Meade Country Club. The deadline to register is Sept. 24. For information, e-mail email@example.com. For cost information or to register, visit augustaprep.org/golfclassic.
• The Border Bash Golf Tournament will be held Oct. 5 at The River Golf Club. Tournament format is four-man team Lauderdale and costs $380 per team. Entry forms can be picked up at The River Golf Club.
• The 17th annual JDLH School Alumni Association Open Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 25 at Savannah Lakes’ Monticello course. Registration begins at noon and is $70 per player, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Pre-registration is required by Friday. For information, call Coleen Starling at (864) 391-0493.
• The Paine College Golf Tournament will be held at 11 a.m. Aug. 27 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The tournament format is threesome Lauderdale play, captain’s choice. For more information, call (706) 821-8233 or (706) 564-3717, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blue Night 5K Run, Walk and 1-mile fun run will be held Friday at Citizens Park in Aiken. All proceeds benefit the Aiken Department of Public Safety Police Athletic League. The fun run will begin at 7 p.m. followed by a 7:30 start for the 5K run and walk. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m. and is $25 pre-registered or $30 on race day for the 5K event and $10 pre-registered or $15 on race day for the fun run. Registration forms can be requested by e-mailing email@example.com or calling (803) 642-7686.
• The Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Department’s fall adult athletic registration for softball and flag football will be held in August. Registration will be at Diamond Lakes Adult Athletic Office and Augusta Recreation, Parks and Facilities Administrative Office. For details, contact Lida Gregg at (706) 771-2980 or Bobby Martin at (706) 796-5025.
• The Georgia Sports Hall of Fame is calling for nominations of individuals, living or deceased, to be considered for introduction into the hall of fame. Categories are athlete, coach/manager, contributor, senior or multi-sport/combination. Nominations must be submitted on forms provided by the hall of fame and obtained by calling (478) 752-1585 or e-mail Ben Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms must be sent to Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, P.O. Box 4644, Macon, GA 31208.
• AASL soccer registration dates will be posted at aaslsoccer.com. Divisions include men’s competitive 8vs.8, women’s competitive 6vs.6 and 35+ men’s competitive 6vs.6, played each Sunday and ranging from $950-$1,100 per team. There are also co-ed competitive and recreational divisions played Wednesday nights. Co-ed divisions begin play Wednesday and all other divisions begin Aug. 19. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
• The Bulls Soccer Club is looking for a few additional players in 10-11-year-old girls, 13-14-year-old boys and 17-18-year-old boys. For information, contact Andrew Hammer at (706) 399-4080, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit ga-scbulls.com.
• The Georgia Rockers fast-pitch organization will be holding tryouts for the 14-under travel team for the 2013 season. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. Tryouts will be at 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 26 at Patriots Park. For information, contact Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581.
• The CSRA Force girls fast-pitch teams are looking for players ages 10-under and 12-under to make up next year’s teams. For information, contact Wayne Wilson for the 10-under team at (706) 564-5357, and Kathy Guin for the 12-under team at (706) 401-1820.