Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number is (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• The Westside Patriots Baseball Camp will be held in two sessions: Monday-Wednesday and May 28-30 from 9 a.m.-noon each day. The camp is for children in first through eighth grades, and the cost is $50. The camp director is Westside coach Gerald Barnes. For information, call (706) 868-4030.
• The Greenbrier Basketball Camp will be held May 30-June 1 from 8 a.m.-noon for children in grades 4-9. The cost is $75. For information, contact Casey Heckathorn at (706) 447-2106 ext. 3750 or email@example.com.
• The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 11-15 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.-noon on Friday. The cost is $160 and is open to all boys and girls from grades 1-11. For more information, call Metress at (706) 667-4765, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Mike Brandt Basketball Camps will be held June 25-28 at the USC Aiken Convocation Ce. The boys and girls day camp runs from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. all four days, and is $165 per camper. Team tournaments will also be held June 9 and 29, and team camps will be held June 15-16. Tournaments are limited to the first 16 teams registered and deposit received. The tournaments are $100 per team, and team camps are $160 per team. For more information, contact Brandt at (803) 641-3491 or email@example.com. Additional information can be found at pacersports.com.
• The Augusta Prep Basketball Camp will be held July 30-Aug. 2 from 12:15-4:15 p.m. for boys and girls in grades 1-8. The cost is $100, and the camp director is varsity girls head coach Myran Hunt. For information, call (803) 624-7264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The East Georgia Youth Football League will hold registration at Dick’s Sporting Goods on Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Early registration runs through June for ages 5-15, and the cost is $150. For information, contact Burt Rayburn at (706) 305-8169 or email@example.com.
• The Augusta Prep Football Camp will be held June 25-28 for players in grades 1-12. The non-contact camp is hosted by football coaches from Georgia and Florida. It will be broken up into camps for players in grades 1-5 and 6-12. For information or to register, visit augustaprep.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Camp Sertoma Golf Tournament will be held June 4 at Woodside Plantation Country Club. Tee time is noon, and the format is captain’s choice. The entry fee is $300 per team. Proceeds benefit Camp Sertoma of South Carolina, a nonprofit organization supporting children with speech and hearing disorders, and underprivileged children. For information, contact Don Bartelmay at (803) 648-5388 or email@example.com, or visit campsertomasc.com and woodside-planation.com.
• The McPherson-Thompson Golf Camp, directed by the Augusta State University golf coaches, will be held June 18-21 at the J. Fleming Norvell Golf House at Augusta State. Accommodations will be provided by Champions Retreat Resort. For information and to register, visit jaguargolfcamp.com.
• The YMCA golf camps will be held June 18-21 and July 16-19 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. each day. The camps are open to children ages 5-17. Monday through Wednesday of each camp will be held at Wedges and Woods, and a nine-hole tournament will be held at Forest Hills Golf Club on Thursday. The cost is $149. For information or to register, contact Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or visit augusta-golf-academy.com.
• The Palmetto Kiwanis Club Charity Golf Tournament will be held June 23 at Aiken Golf Club. Check-in is 9-9:45 a.m. and tee time is 10 a.m. The format is four-person captain’s choice. The entry fee is $60 or $220 per four-person team, or $50 or $200 per team if pre-registered by June 16. For information or to register, call John Boyette at (803) 645-0362, or visit aikenpalmettokiwanis.org.
• Summer classes and camps for The First Tee of Aiken are open for registration for ages 5-18. Registration is open online at thefirstteeaiken.org and will remain open until all classes and camps are full.
• The Men Making a Difference Organization will be hosting a golf tournament Aug. 11 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. The event will serve as a fundraiser in support of efforts in assisting at-risk youths within the CSRA. A team of four players costs $55 per player, or $45 for Gordon Lakes members, and support may also be made by sponsoring a hole for $150 or providing donations. Check-in is 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. and the format is four-person Lauderdale. The deadline for donations is Aug. 3. For information, contact Willie C. Williams at (706) 627-3234 or (706) 791-3007.
• The Carolina Crushers Golf Tournament will be held June 9 at Midland Valley Golf Club with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. The tournament fee is $45 per person. For information, contact Bubba Moyer at (803) 507-5380 or visit carolinacrushers.org.
• The Columbia County Choral Society will host a golf tournament at Jones Creek Golf Club on June 11. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The entry fee is $75. For information or to register a team, call Paul Schantz at (706) 650-1114 or visit ccchoralsociety.org.
• The Papa John’s Augusta Junior Golf Tour has announced the continuation of its tour for the 2012 summer season. The events will be played from May to August and includes 11 tournaments around the CSRA. For tournament schedule and membership information, visit augustajuniorgolftour.com.
• Kyle Maynard will be the guest speaker for the 21st annual Greater Augusta Medals for Excellence in Sports Awards banquet on May 31 at the Augusta Marriott Convention Center. Check-in and a social hour will open at 6 p.m., with dinner and program beginning at 7. Tickets are $40 for Sports Council members and $45 for non-members. For reservations or more information, call (706) 722-8326, ext. 231.
• The Augusta Rowing Club will be celebrating the 11th anniversary of National Learn to Row Day on June 2 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Boat House on Riverfront Drive. Members of the Augusta Rowing Club will offer tours of the facilities, demonstrations and lessons. The cost for participants will be a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Golden Harvest Food Bank, and lunch will be provided. For more information, visit augustarowingclub.org.
• The Augusta Prep All Sports Camp will be held in two sessions: June 11-15 and July 9-13 from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. for boys and girls in grades K-8. Activities include basketball, soccer, flag football, baseball, softball and more. The cost is $160, and the camp director is varsity girls head coach Myran Hunt. For information, call (803) 624-7264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Augusta Arsenal Soccer Club has announced tryout dates for its 2012-2013 season. Girls and boys ages 9-13 can try out May 29-31, and ages 14-19 can try out June 5-7. Online registration for tryouts is open at augustasoccer.com. For information, visit the Web site for call (706) 854-0149.
• The Greenbrier Fastpitch Softball Clinic will be held May 29-June 1 from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Greenbrier High School. The camp is for girls of all skill levels in first through eighth grades. The cost is $75 per person, $65 for siblings and team rates are available. For information and to register, contact Garrett Black at (706) 650-6040 ext. 150 or visit Greenbrier’s Web site.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp from 9 a.m.-noon June 4-8 at the Westside High gymnasium.
The camp is open to boys and girls in first through eighth grades. The cost is $45 and includes a shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call Kevin Waters at (706) 399-3154 or e-mail email@example.com.