Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
• Greenbrier High School will hold its Christmas Clinic for boys in grades 2-8 on Dec. 19-20 on the school’s baseball fields and in the indoor hitting facility. It will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. each day. Instructors will include the program’s coaching staff, coaches from outside the program, and former players. Cost is $75, and $25 for additional siblings. Team rates are available. Fee includes snacks and cold drinks, a T-shirt and an autograph session with instructors. Call (706) 650-6040, ext. 5807.
• The Grovetown High School Baseball Christmas Camp for grades K-8 will be held Dec. 19-20 on the school’s baseball field. It will run from 9 a.m. until noon. Instructors will be Grovetown players and coaches. Cost is $40 or $20 for each additional sibling. Campers should bring baseball shoes, a glove, baseball pants and a bat. Call (706) 447-2102, ext. 5833.
• The Will Avery Basketball Academy Christmas Camp for boys and girls ages 7-15 will be held Dec. 19-23 at Riverside Middle School in Evans. Each camper will receive a T-shirt, headband, wristband, camp bag and lunch each day. Registration cost is $100 on or before Dec. 12 and $150 starting Dec. 13. Register at willaveryspringclassic.com.
• The Team Power Basketball Academy’s All-N-One Holiday Basketball Camp will be held Dec. 19-23 at Patriots Park. The camp for boys and girls ages 4-17 will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost is $90. Register online at www.augustapower.org. Contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The AAU 15- to 17-year-old Showtime basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. Contact Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
• The Augusta Boxing Club holds monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month (except holidays), and invites the public to attend. Admission is free. The matches begin at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call (706) 733-7533.
• The Augusta Area Junior Golf Association is taking applications for its Christmas tour. Tournaments are scheduled at Jones Creek Golf Club on Dec. 19, Midland Valley Country Club on Dec. 20, Forest Hills Golf Club on Dec. 22, Houndslake Country Club on Dec. 26, Applewood Golf Club on Dec. 27 and Bartram Trail Golf Club on Dec. 29. Entry fees are $25 to play in one event, $45 to play in two events, $65 for three events, $85 for four events, $99 for five events and $115 to play in all six events. Registration is limited to the first 100 to sign up for each event. For more information, call Michael Carlisle at (803) 646-5733.
• The Kennesaw State University men’s lacrosse team will hold a pair of clinics for boys in grades 8-12. A clinic with the Lakeside High School boys team will be held Saturday at Stallings Island Middle School, and a clinic with the Greenbrier High School boys team will be held Dec. 11 at Wesley United Methodist Church. Both will run from noon until 4 p.m. The cost is $30. Registration is not required, but participants must bring their own full equipment. For Saturday’s clinic, call Jackie McIlwain at (706) 306-1230. For the Dec. 11 clinic, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The December Dash 10K will be held Saturday at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park at 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy environmental research, education and outreach programs. Registration is available at active.com. To register or for more information, call the Academy office at (706) 828-2109 or visit naturalsciencesacademy.org.
• The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Wednesday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Larry Bray Memorial Pitch. New players are welcome. For information, call Allen Raborn at (706) 7884 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Georgia Frenzy fast pitch softball is looking for a few girls to round out a 16-under team. For a private tryout, contact Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525.
• MACH Academy is looking for volunteers. The academy, which operates out of Fleming Tennis Center in South Augusta, provides year-round programs and services, including academic and tutoring support, computer literacy, nutrition, and fitness and tennis instruction. Call (706) 796-5046 or e-mail mparks37@comcast .net.