- Air Force Airman Alexander V. Tavarez , a 2009 graduate of Cross Creek High School and son of Juny Terrero, of Augusta, has graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio.
- Army Reserve Pfc. Khalilah N. Wallace , a 2010 graduate of Glenn Hills High School and daughter of Shirley Boynton, of Augusta, has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia.
- Air Force Airman Steven J. Dickerson , son of Brenda Singleton, of Augusta, has graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio.
- Navy Seaman Recruit Debrina M. Sims , a 2009 graduate of Glenn Hills High School and daughter of Deborah D. Brooks, of Augusta, and Emanuel H. Busch, of Kansas City, Mo., recently completed basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
- Navy Seaman Timothy D. Godbee , a 2009 graduate of Academy of Richmond County, recently completed basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
Earns nursing degree
Carol Ruth Lawhorne , of Augusta, has graduated with an associate of science degree in nursing from Darton College, Albany, Ga.
Makes dean's list
Allison Patrice Bennett , of Augusta, has been named to the dean's list for the 2010 fall semester at the University of West Georgia, Carrollton.
Clayton dean's list
The following Richmond County students have been named to the fall 2010 dean's list at Clayton State University, Morrow, Ga.:
Mia B McCord and Zaneta Renee Wilson , Augusta; and Uniquwa Denise Harden and Tanovia Renee Rainey , Hephzibah.
In leadership contest
The following students at Augusta Technical College have been nominated to participate in the Georgia Occupational Award of Leadership competition:
Cheryel Wherman, Kayla Howell, Amy Pace, Amanda Dunn, Sindy Barnette, Shanice Reabroi, Sarah Heddinger, Nicole Burdette, Markus Smith, Sheonna Haywood and Robert Utley .
Belmont dean's list
Libby Oellerich , of Hephzibah, a 2010 honor graduate of Augusta Christian Schools and daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Ted Oellerich, has been named to the fall 2010 dean's list at Belmont University, Nashville, Tenn.
Finishes DUI course
Deputy Donnie N. Chavis , of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, has completed a DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor course at the Georgia Police Academy division of the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth.
Selected for board
Clifton Dennis , a respiratory therapist and asthma educator in pediatrics at Medical College of Georgia, has been selected to serve on the National Asthma Educator Certification Board.